+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does being banned for 5 years from Canada affect my future travel to other countries?

Jennyhuynh

Jan 20, 2022
Hi everyone,
I just got banned for 5 years from Canada due to indirectly submitting a fraudulent document in my application for a visa visitor. Actually, I didn't know about that until I received the procedural fairness letter. I don't blame anyone else because that was my carelessness when trusting people. I sent a response but failed.
I have been to several countries, including Japan, Taiwan, Singapore, and the ASEAN area before applying to Canada. I just wonder if this refusal affects my future visas to Japan, the US, Australia, and Europe. Please help me and let me know if you are successful to travel to other countries after a 5-year ban from IRCC. And how do you explain your case when applying for visas to other countries. For example, to apply to Australia, what do you write in your application to explain the refusal to Canada. Can I write something like "I innocently submitted a fraudulent document"?

Travelling is one of my hobbies, I target to travel annually to different parts of the world. So this is really important to me. Hope to have your help!
Thank you so much!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,
I just got banned for 5 years from Canada due to indirectly submitting a fraudulent document in my application for a visa visitor. Actually, I didn't know about that until I received the procedural fairness letter. I don't blame anyone else because that was my carelessness when trusting people. I sent a response but failed.
I have been to several countries, including Japan, Taiwan, Singapore, and the ASEAN area before applying to Canada. I just wonder if this refusal affects my future visas to Japan, the US, Australia, and Europe. Please help me and let me know if you are successful to travel to other countries after a 5-year ban from IRCC. And how do you explain your case when applying for visas to other countries. For example, to apply to Australia, what do you write in your application to explain the refusal to Canada. Can I write something like "I innocently submitted a fraudulent document"?

Travelling is one of my hobbies, I target to travel annually to different parts of the world. So this is really important to me. Hope to have your help!
Thank you so much!!
You need to declare the Canadian refusal if the application asks about past refusals. I can't comment on Australia, however it's possible this could impact your ability to get a visa to the US.

Maybe someone else can comment on the explanation. I'm not sure using the word "innocently" makes any sense. That makes it sounds like you're not taking responsibility for your actions. If you knew the document was fraudulent, then I would drop the word "innocently". If you didn't know the document was fraudulent, I would use the word "unknowingly" instead.

rusticdud

Sep 2, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-12-2016
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-12-2017
You would have to answer yes to question if any country asks "have you been banned by any other country".Even if you answer yes you might have option to explain and send documents as evidence explaining what happened. Your previous travel history around the world would be a plus factor in my opinion. This all my personal opinion but not direct experience. Just curious what type of document got you in trouble

Reactions: scylla

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Hi everyone,

Thank you so much!!
Definitely this will impact your future travel visa (indirectly) as document was a fraud document to get Canadian Visa Approval .
Intensely or un-intensely does not matter

For any country visa it give an impression to Visa case worker that applicant might repeat it.
As said by one of member above since you have a history of travel for many country that is positive sign ,
In nutshell it is not stopping you for applying or getting approved for other country Visa but definitely a lot of Question and red flag

Good Luck