+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child Sponsorship - Refusal

apv_15

Oct 4, 2020
My son was born in India, and both my wife and I are permanent residents of Canada. Unfortunately, my son's PR application was refused due to a missing signature. I resubmitted the application on the same day but forgot to attach the refusal letter we received. I'm not sure what I should do now, as I don't want to delay his application for another month or so. I have already submitted a web form detailing these issues and included the missing letter with it.

I would appreciate any advice or guidance you can provide. Have any of you had a similar experience, and if so, what did you do to resolve it?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My son was born in India, and both my wife and I are permanent residents of Canada. Unfortunately, my son's PR application was refused due to a missing signature. I resubmitted the application on the same day but forgot to attach the refusal letter we received. I'm not sure what I should do now, as I don't want to delay his application for another month or so. I have already submitted a web form detailing these issues and included the missing letter with it.

I would appreciate any advice or guidance you can provide. Have any of you had a similar experience, and if so, what did you do to resolve it?
Did you declare the previous refusal? As long as you declared the previous refusal in the application, you should be fine with what you've done.

Reactions: Naturgrl

apv_15

Oct 4, 2020
Did you declare the previous refusal? As long as you declared the previous refusal in the application, you should be fine with what you've done.
Thanks for your response.

This was an online application, and in their portal, only one form was marked as incomplete due to a missing signature (indicated in red or some other color), while the rest of the forms had a status of completed. I simply filled in my name in the signature box. However, I did not see any option to indicate that my previous application had been rejected.

Edit:
This what they have in their second page of refusal letter:
"When you resubmit your application, if it meets the requirements for processing, it will then enter the processing queue based on the date of its re-submission.

If you are re-submitting your application please ensure you also include a copy of this letter.
Please refer to the Document Checklist to help you understand what documents are required for a complete application. Please note that we’ve updated the Document Checklist to make it easier to use and understand. As of February 14th, 2018, you are required to use the new checklist when submitting your application.

Note: The Schedule A – Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) form and Police certificate(s) are now required in order to meet the completeness requirements"
I would love to believe that this concern pertains to the old paper-based application process. given that the current application process is online, I would expect that the system would have the capability to link any attached notes or letters to the application.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

This was an online application, and in their portal, only one form was marked as incomplete due to a missing signature (indicated in red or some other color), while the rest of the forms had a status of completed. I simply filled in my name in the signature box. However, I did not see any option to indicate that my previous application had been rejected.

Edit:

I would love to believe that this concern pertains to the old paper-based application process. given that the current application process is online, I would expect that the system would have the capability to link any attached notes or letters to the application.
Sorry, I'm not familiar enough with this situation to comment. Hopefully others will help.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

Edit:

I believe that they do not consider this a REFUSAL, but just returned as incomplete. If it were a refusal, they would expect you to pay the fees again.

Therefore there is no need to disclose a 'refusal', because you weren't refused. But read the letter to see what the return is officially called.

That said, I've no idea whether they will link it to your previous returned app - not that I'm sure it matters if your re-submitted app is correct and complete. Can't help you with confirming that or what may happen if you did not include that letter (as it instructed you to do).

Reactions: YVR123

apv_15

Oct 4, 2020
I believe that they do not consider this a REFUSAL, but just returned as incomplete. If it were a refusal, they would expect you to pay the fees again.

Therefore there is no need to disclose a 'refusal', because you weren't refused. But read the letter to see what the return is officially called.

That said, I've no idea whether they will link it to your previous returned app - not that I'm sure it matters if your re-submitted app is correct and complete. Can't help you with confirming that or what may happen if you did not include that letter (as it instructed you to do).
In the letter they say it is rejected:
Please note your application has been rejected for the following reason:
I raised a web form today to submit the rejection letter. I received a response saying, they received my application on Feb 22nd 2023 and an officer will review it.
They even provided a temporary file number.

Not sure if this is a good sign or not.

Timeline:
Submitted: Feb 22nd 2023
Received Rejection Letter: April 4th 2023
Re-submitted - April 4th 2023
Webform to add missing rejection letter - April 4th 2023

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
In the letter they say it is rejected:

I raised a web form today to submit the rejection letter. I received a response saying, they received my application on Feb 22nd 2023 and an officer will review it.
They even provided a temporary file number.

Not sure if this is a good sign or not.

Timeline:
Submitted: Feb 22nd 2023
Received Rejection Letter: April 4th 2023
Re-submitted - April 4th 2023
Webform to add missing rejection letter - April 4th 2023
I believe rejection means it was returned as incomplete, NOT refused. What is the reason listed for rejection? Try to quote the entire relevant sentence (or para if appropriate) and not single part-sentences - the part you are leaving out is relevant.

apv_15

Oct 4, 2020
I believe rejection means it was returned as incomplete, NOT refused. What is the reason listed for rejection? Try to quote the entire relevant sentence (or para if appropriate) and not single part-sentences - the part you are leaving out is relevant.
Thank you for your response.

Missing signature in 2 forms I submitted (1 web-based form and a pdf form).
I put my Son's name instead of mine.
A parent or legal guardian must sign on behalf of a dependent child under the age of 18 when a signature for this person is required.

apv_15

Oct 4, 2020
not single part-sentences - the part you are leaving out is relevant.
Let me copy the entire sentence (I was on the office lap before).

This refers to the application you submitted to sponsor your spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner and the associated application for a permanent resident visa.
Please note your application has been rejected for the following reason:

Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344  A parent or legal guardian must sign on behalf of a dependent child under the age of 18 when a signature for this person is required.

Schedule A - Background/Declaration (IMM 5669)  A parent or legal guardian must sign on behalf of a dependent child under the age of 18 when a signature for this person is required.
Thanks you :)

Last edited:

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM
I experienced a rejection myself and when you fix the issues outlined in the letter, you must also upload that letter in the package before you resubmit. I did that as asked in that letter and mine is now progressing nicely.

apv_15

Oct 4, 2020
I experienced a rejection myself and when you fix the issues outlined in the letter, you must also upload that letter in the package before you resubmit. I did that as asked in that letter and mine is now progressing nicely.
Should I call them and explain the situation?
I don't know what to do. My wife is also stuck in India even though she is a PR.

I submitted a webform after realizing I made a mistake on my application. They acknowledged the webform and included my application details in the response. Do you know if they will attach the webform to the application?

apv_15

Oct 4, 2020
That is not a refusal, they have just sent it back for you to correct errors. Can't comment about what to do if you didn't include that letter.
Thanks.

I'm trying to convenience myself that everything is okay. I'm hoping that they use the same letter format as the paper-based applications and that whoever sent my online application back to me would have noted that it needed correction. The response to my webform is encouraging. :(

Don't want to wait for another 2 months for AOR. :(

andrew3081

Apr 6, 2018
Thanks.

I'm trying to convenience myself that everything is okay. I'm hoping that they use the same letter format as the paper-based applications and that whoever sent my online application back to me would have noted that it needed correction. The response to my webform is encouraging. :(

Don't want to wait for another 2 months for AOR. :(
Did you have update on this?
Did they say anything about not including the rejection letter?