+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAN+ visa application process 2024

abidali69

Jan 4, 2013
Hello Guys,
I filled out the visa form on October 23 via the CAN+ pathway but couldn't submit the application form due to some reasons. now filled out the application form many times, but I can't find the CAN+ pathway where it asked for a valid US visa. Now it's treating the application as a standard application process with a long list of documents check list.
Has anyone had a similar experience on the CAN+ pathway? what would be the way forward for CAN+ applications, please share the experience and information if any. thanks

albloshi_sa

Jul 28, 2019
there is no CAN+ pathway.
All applications are same, if you have a valid USA visa, you attach it with your application and input the visa number in your form.
The system itself mark it as CAN+.

Relax, there is no difference in application input and no effect on processing or outcome of the CAN+ application.

marmik1617

Jan 4, 2020
Hello Guys,
I filled out the visa form on October 23 via the CAN+ pathway but couldn't submit the application form due to some reasons. now filled out the application form many times, but I can't find the CAN+ pathway where it asked for a valid US visa. Now it's treating the application as a standard application process with a long list of documents check list.
Has anyone had a similar experience on the CAN+ pathway? what would be the way forward for CAN+ applications, please share the experience and information if any. thanks
You need to use IRCC portal not GCKEY. You need to apply for Visit visa and when you're filling out the form then system will ask you question question regarding USA greencard / NON immigrant ( b1/b2) visa. You need to select YES in that section and write down your visa number then you will automatically redirect towards CAN+ with lesser documents.

Processing time is unpredictable. Mine is still pending from SEP 2023 that too under CAN+

abidali69

Jan 4, 2013
All applications are same, if you have a valid USA visa, you attach it with your application and input the visa number in your form.

Relax, there is no difference in application input and no effect on processing or outcome of the CAN+ application.
Thanks for your prompt reply but I'm worried about the long list of checklist documents I have to arrange as the standard applicant. For CAN+ it was around 3 documents required.

abidali69

Jan 4, 2013
You need to use IRCC portal not GCKEY. You need to apply for Visit visa and when you're filling out the form then system will ask you question question regarding USA greencard / NON immigrant ( b1/b2) visa. You need to select YES in that section and write down your visa number then you will automatically redirect towards CAN+ with lesser documents.

Processing time is unpredictable. Mine is still pending from SEP 2023 that too under CAN+
IRCC Portal at the end brings me to GCKEY, might be I followed the wrong URL. can you share the IRCC url link you referenced? thanks

albloshi_sa

Jul 28, 2019
Thanks for your prompt reply but I'm worried about the long list of checklist documents I have to arrange as the standard applicant. For CAN+ it was around 3 documents required.
if you are using IRCC portal, you have to compress all misc. docs to 2MB and add them in additional documents part.

abidali69

Jan 4, 2013

Thanks, I'm done!

Reactions: marmik1617

albloshi_sa

Jul 28, 2019
Any one have information about Can+ visa processing time from Pakistan. Thx
The processing time and outcome is same, so dont stress on CAN+. I have seen people with valid USA visas and multiple USA trips getting refusals. So relax.

already informed

Manisha11

Mar 16, 2024
Hi everyone, I applied for canadian visit visa from Abu Dhabi, I have a valid US visa. Will it any how help expedite the application as the processing time shown on the portal is 178 days. I appreciate your response if you recently went through the process.

marmik1617

Jan 4, 2020
Hi everyone, I applied for canadian visit visa from Abu Dhabi, I have a valid US visa. Will it any how help expedite the application as the processing time shown on the portal is 178 days. I appreciate your response if you recently went through the process.
As of now normal and can+ both treating equally.

abidali69

Jan 4, 2013
The processing time and outcome is same, so dont stress on CAN+. I have seen people with valid USA visas and multiple USA trips getting refusals. So relax.

already informed

This is just for record correction.
when some one apply for visit visa through IRCC PORTAL, as a point system asked about if the applicant have valid US visa and visa number for CAN+ pathway. its different from standard visa applications. at the end system provide the few documents check list to submit the copies with compare to standard documents check list. 1- invitation letter (if you selected meet with family and friends) from friend. 2- passport copy 3- US Visa copy 4- CNIC Copy.

Thanks

abidali69

Jan 4, 2013
from Abu Dahbi the process time could be shorter. I have seen some where on same forum they got CAN+ visa approval in 16 days after biometric.