+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Awaiting passports from Canadian consulate in New York

shivag

Nov 19, 2012
Yah, I sent several emails but no answer. Then you can go in person and get your passport if you are in US

appleyan

Nov 21, 2012
Where you live? I read from the website, application by mail will only sent back by mail. I'm not sure if I can just go there and pick up.

shivag

Nov 19, 2012
I am in Canada. I think you can go and get your passport. Are they open Tomorrow or not? Please let me know if you went.

appleyan

Nov 21, 2012
They close tomorrow. I live 5 hours driving away from New York. I hardly get there with my pack schedule in school. =( I will update here if I get any news.

Cassiegong722

Nov 25, 2012
I cannot believe there are so many situation same as me. I submitted the application on oct 12, but I still didn't get it back. Im so nervous if I can get it in person in new York . It is hard for me to get there because I have to drive 12 hours! They are soooooo unprofessional to keep my passport for 44 days! I have another trip which cannot change. Right now Im so confused, don't know what else I can do...
I also send the mail to ask for them but they said "check the website", but I don't think the website tells anything useful information about it. I really think they should DO SOMETHING instead of DO NOTHING!
Can someone help us? :(

Cassiegong722

Nov 25, 2012
如果这里有中国人麻烦交流一下,我邮寄去纽约的东西已经44天了,如果开车12个小时过去我也可以忍受,就是怕过去了之后没法领到就白跑一趟了。我的email : cassie722@msn.cn
过几天就要回国了,真是急死了。thanks!

lindany

Nov 28, 2012
they accept my application at the beginning of Oct, today is Nov.28, still waiting.

will update when I get it.

rapidresponse

Sep 10, 2012
shivag said:
I have applied on 26 Sep and no answer yet. Any one applied the same time?

Hi
I am in the some boat they have recieved my docs on 26 but still no reply.
I just got email stating that due to high volume of application it will take some time.
Its been 64 days and still waiting.Let me know if you have any information about this
situation.

gatorgal

Nov 19, 2012
Does anyone know which type of postal service do they use to send the passport back? Is it standard mail or first class mail? Does anyone have any input on how many days it takes after mailing to receive it? Assuming they have mailed the documents ( which at this point I have no idea) I just to know if I will get it in time or not as my travels dates are this week.

yuexin

Dec 4, 2012
lindany said:
they accept my application at the beginning of Oct, today is Nov.28, still waiting.

will update when I get it.

Hi, I have the same situation as you. They received my application on Oct. 15th but I have not any form of reply till today. Have you receive yours back?

lindany

Nov 28, 2012
Dec 7 today, still nothing.

they start to process my application at Oct.10 next week will be 2 month

going to visit their office next week , spend another couple hours of my time, fill in some kind of emergency request form, might speed them up

mgw

Aug 15, 2013
Hi All

Applied for TRV online and received a message that I "a decision has been made" and I should mail them my passport. New York VAC received the passport on Aug 6th and now it is Aug 15th and I am not getting any response from them. Basically this place is a passport black hole! How can anyone hold a passport for more than 1 day. This has to be illegal. Anyway I plan on going to NYC tomorrow to get to the bottom of this and collect my passport with or without the visa. Has anyone attempted to go directly to NYC and collect the passport?

MGW.