+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ARC

Nov 20, 2019
Hello everybody,
Within my immigration application, I needed to apply for an authorization to return to Canada (ARC) to overcome a previous deportation order due to a failed refugee claim. I've recently received COPR and PR visa but never received a decision on ARC or an approval letter for the same even though I submitted ARC fees alongside my application. I'm confused now, because it's mentioned in CIC operations manual (OP1 procedures) that an authorization to return approval document (called "IMM 1203B") has to be presented at the port of entry for those who require one.
Any expert advice?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hello everybody,
Within my immigration application, I needed to apply for an authorization to return to Canada (ARC) to overcome a previous deportation order due to a failed refugee claim. I've recently received COPR and PR visa but never received a decision on ARC or an approval letter for the same even though I submitted ARC fees alongside my application. I'm confused now, because it's mentioned in CIC operations manual (OP1 procedures) that an authorization to return approval document (called "IMM 1203B") has to be presented at the port of entry for those who require one.
Any expert advice?
I'm not 100%, but I believe you won't need an ARC since you are coming on an immigrant visa, not a TRV.

@scylla @PMM @canuck_in_uk may be able to provide more information.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I'm not 100%, but I believe you won't need an ARC since you are coming on an immigrant visa, not a TRV.

@scylla @PMM @canuck_in_uk may be able to provide more information.
An ARC is always required to return to Canada when a person is deported, whether they are applying for PR or temporary residence. It is processed within the context of the app and no separate document is issued.

Hello everybody,
Any expert advice?
As scylla already told you in your other thread, there is no physical document. The fact that you were approved for PR and received your visa/COPR means that the ARC was approved.

Nov 20, 2019
As scylla already told you in your other thread, there is no physical document. The fact that you were approved for PR and received your visa/COPR means that the ARC was approved.
Thank you so much Canuck for your reply. But could you please check CIC operations manual on the following link, Section 6.5 (page 40 and 41):

www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/op/op01-eng.pdf

It explains that ARC is indeed a physical document (IMM 1203B) and that applicants should arrive with the original copy of it!
Any clues?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you so much Canuck for your reply. But could you please check CIC operations manual on the following link, Section 6.5 (page 40 and 41):

www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/op/op01-eng.pdf

It explains that ARC is indeed a physical document (IMM 1203B) and that applicants should arrive with the original copy of it!
Any clues?
The original answer stands. The fact that your PR app has been approved means that your ARC was approved and a physical document will not be issued.

Ana@@@

Star Member
Jun 29, 2021
Hi
Hi, I am in a similar situation, were you able to enter Canada?
Hi same happened to me…
I submitted my arc along with application, now i have got PR visa and copr… but no physical documents for arc… did it work for u guys? DO WE NEED ARC?

Dec 13, 2023
Hi, I’m in a similar situation for my parents, applying for PR under a humanitarian pathway for Colombians, Haitians and Venezuelans, now immigration is asking to include a covering letter (written in English or French) explaining in detail, the reasons you feel you should be allowed to return to Canada as you have been removed and are inadmissible permanently, I do not know how to start or get an idea what concrete points to include to be successful. Their refugee claim was denied on 2011 and deported after that. Thank you.

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Hi, I’m in a similar situation for my parents, applying for PR under a humanitarian pathway for Colombians, Haitians and Venezuelans, now immigration is asking to include a covering letter (written in English or French) explaining in detail, the reasons you feel you should be allowed to return to Canada as you have been removed and are inadmissible permanently, I do not know how to start or get an idea what concrete points to include to be successful. Their refugee claim was denied on 2011 and deported after that. Thank you.
General points might be:

They regret the removal order and the negative finding of the sincerely made refugee claim.
They've always lived lawfully and independently before and since the removal from Canada.
The reunification of the family would be good for any children in Canada. Best interests of the children* (it's a winner!).
They made claims in Canada because it's a lawful nation that respects many cultures and is a desirable place to live.
A second opportunity to live permanently in Canada is either a beautiful gift or a cruel trick, if refused for the earlier ambition to live there.
They bring strong family values, solid work ethics and an already established belief in Canada as safe, stable country under the rule of law.
Such an opportunity would be repaid with permanent residents who will be wholly committed to Canada and its continued good order and prosperity.

Good luck!

Reactions: Cristian Betancur
Dec 13, 2023
General points might be:

They regret the removal order and the negative finding of the sincerely made refugee claim.
They've always lived lawfully and independently before and since the removal from Canada.
The reunification of the family would be good for any children in Canada. Best interests of the children* (it's a winner!).
They made claims in Canada because it's a lawful nation that respects many cultures and is a desirable place to live.
A second opportunity to live permanently in Canada is either a beautiful gift or a cruel trick, if refused for the earlier ambition to live there.
They bring strong family values, solid work ethics and an already established belief in Canada as safe, stable country under the rule of law.
Such an opportunity would be repaid with permanent residents who will be wholly committed to Canada and its continued good order and prosperity.

Good luck!
Thank you!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
General points might be:

Good luck!
[/QUOTE

Best interests of children is not a guaranteed way to get PR especially in this case where it is not clear whether there are minor children and that the grandparents have not been in Canada longterm so there wouldn’t be a significant difference if the came to Canada or not. It is a valid point but wouldn’t say it’s a winner.