+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for proof of citizenship certificate on an urgent basis

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the scenario seems quite a lot different than you originally presented. You have been out of Canada for around 2-3years. If you have been out of Ontario for over 2 years you have to reapply for OHIP even if you have a valid card. Did you inform OHIP and CRA that you left the country in 2021 which is required? If I’m correct it appears that you got pregnant while in Bangladesh so you didn’t come to Bangladesh while pregnant and get stuck there when your pregnancy became high risk. Needing urgent processing after 2-3 years of being abroad versus needing urgent processing because you went on vacation while pregnant and became high risk and couldn’t fly home are viewed very differently. Do you have a home to return to in Ontario? A baby having colic doesn‘t necessarily mean that there is anything wrong with them and there is no true treatment for colic other than perhaps changing their diet and reflux medications that may help a bit. The babies cry for 3-6 months (9 months if really unlucky), make you feel like you are going to lose your mind and then eventually grow out of it. Things like the inability to put on any weight with crying would be concerning, vomiting a large portion of their food after every meal especially projectile vomiting would be concerning, etc. So would difficulty breathing, turning blue, high/low heart rates, murmurs, etc. all of which can be easily detected without fancy technology. If breastfeeding have you tried changing your diet to see if that impacts the crying, trying formula after that and then trying different types of formula if that doesn’t work. Those tend to be the first suggestions with a baby who may be colicky. When asking for urgent processing based on medical needs there typically needs to be a medical need identified by a doctor or what they are worried about that can’t be examined in Bangladesh. The embassy aren’t doctors or pharmacists so telling them what the baby’s current medications doesn’t mean anything without a diagnosis or a letter from the doctors about what they are concerned about and why the baby needs to be examined in Canada urgently. You can say that you would like to come back to Canada as soon as possible so that you have better access to healthcare for your child but there isn’t an severe medical or a baby in distress (which means life threatening urgent medical need) where you would have contacted sick kids in advance and go straight to the hospital from the airplane perhaps in an ambulance. You can also be honest and say that now that you are a mother and have a child to support you are anxious/need to return to school and work because I assume you are unable to support your child by working in Bangladesh. That you came to Bangladesh to help with a family matter in 2021 and fell pregnant and assume you hadn’t planned on remaining for 2-3 years. I would personally mention if you have a home and childcare to return to so there is no concern that you will be returning to Canada after multiple years with a baby and no home or funds.

Would also suggest joining a group online for mom’s with colicky babies to provide some support especially since it sounds like you may be a single parent. If you are needing daycare and especially subsidized daycare put you name on waitlists now in the hopes that you will eventually get a spot. There is high demand for limited spots.
As the mom explained in her first post that healthcare system in Bangladesh is extremely poor and due to political strikes it’s even tougher to take the baby to hospitals for even for regular checkups and vaccinations. This might be the reason for requesting urgent processing. Anyways, looks like the OP needs to include a letter explaining why she need urgent processing and provide documents to support the explanation.

danielkhan11

Jul 29, 2022
Hello Everyone,
I would appreciate your advice on the urgent processing of my first citizenship application.
I am a permanent resident and a PhD student at one of Canada's famous universities. The National Research Council (NRC) of Canada funds my study. I recently got an acceptance letter from an MIT professor to join his lab as a Visiting Ph.D. researcher for 6 months, and my stay will be funded by the NRC.

I want to submit my citizenship application and request for urgent processing as it will make it easy for me to go back and forth.

Do you guys think that the acceptance letter from the MIT professor, my university enrollment letter, and the funding letter will be enough to request urgent processing?

Please if any one of you has any suggestion on any other document that I can submit to increase the chances of urgent processing I would appreciate it.

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Everyone,
I would appreciate your advice on the urgent processing of my first citizenship application.
I am a permanent resident and a PhD student at one of Canada's famous universities. The National Research Council (NRC) of Canada funds my study. I recently got an acceptance letter from an MIT professor to join his lab as a Visiting Ph.D. researcher for 6 months, and my stay will be funded by the NRC.

I want to submit my citizenship application and request for urgent processing as it will make it easy for me to go back and forth.

Do you guys think that the acceptance letter from the MIT professor, my university enrollment letter, and the funding letter will be enough to request urgent processing?

Please if any one of you has any suggestion on any other document that I can submit to increase the chances of urgent processing I would appreciate it.

Thanks
It's unlikely this will be sufficient for urgend processing. Why can't you take the researcher position as a PR? Being able to travel back and forth easier is not an argument for urgent processing. You need to show that taking the research position requires Canadian citizenship (i.e., you will lose out on the opportunity without Canadian citizenship). Does accepting the research postion require Canadian citizenship?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
It's unlikely this will be sufficient for urgend processing. Why can't you take the researcher position as a PR? Being able to travel back and forth easier is not an argument for urgent processing. You need to show that taking the research position requires Canadian citizenship (i.e., you will lose out on the opportunity without Canadian citizenship). Does accepting the research postion require Canadian citizenship?
More than likely there home country passport requires getting a visa to enter the United States
Getting a Canadian passport circumvents that

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hello @scylla @Copingwithlife I got my PR through the protected person category.
I'm not sure if this changes anything. But you can certainly try. You can still travel to the US on an RTD + the required visa and it sounds like the position itself does not require citizenship.

Again, no harm trying. Worse case scenario they simply process your application normally.

Good luck.

danielkhan11

Jul 29, 2022
I'm not sure if this changes anything. But you can certainly try. You can still travel to the US on an RTD + the required visa and it sounds like the position itself does not require citizenship.

Again, no harm trying. Worse case scenario they simply process your application normally.

Good luck.
Thank you for your reply. I feel if I apply for RTD and a US visa it will take longer. I have to join in September 2024. I heard and have seen some people that their RTD took years from s, but I'm not sure if this will be the case for me.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your reply. I feel if I apply for RTD and a US visa it will take longer. I have to join in September 2024. I heard and have seen some people that their RTD took years from s, but I'm not sure if this will be the case for me.
We can't tell you if IRCC will consider your citizenship application for urgent processing. The most you can do is request urgent processing and see what happens. I don't think the letter and funding evidence is sufficient. You need to include an LOE explaining your situation regarding protected person status, RTD, etc.

Apply for the RTD in parallel now asap. Don't assume the citizenship application will be processed urgently.