+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit approved but no passport request, WHY?

bigumobi

Feb 18, 2022
How did you get it solved? I got my Study Permit approved today but no PPR yet. My spouse got the correspondence letter and the PPR today so the process is finalized. I don't know what to do.
I couple of days later, they sent me a letter saying that, as I already had a Visitor Visa, all I needed was to take the letter with me and present it. Everything went great and I am here in Canada since August. Good Luck!

Anitha04

Nov 17, 2023
I couple of days later, they sent me a letter saying that, as I already had a Visitor Visa, all I needed was to take the letter with me and present it. Everything went great and I am here in Canada since August. Good Luck!
Hi,
My situation is similar to yours as I got my study visa approved, received letter of introduction but not PPR. And I already hold a Multiple V1 visitor visa. Could you please let me know, how did you reach out to IRCC for clarification. Thanks in advance.

sbera93

Dec 13, 2023
Hi,
My situation is similar to yours as I got my study visa approved, received letter of introduction but not PPR. And I already hold a Multiple V1 visitor visa. Could you please let me know, how did you reach out to IRCC for clarification. Thanks in advance.
Hi,
I am having the same issue as you. Have you found any solution? I raised a web form but no reply yet.

Anitha04

Nov 17, 2023
Hi,
I am having the same issue as you. Have you found any solution? I raised a web form but no reply yet.
Hi, I reached out to them via web form and received a reply from immigration stating that my Visitor visa besides study visa approval would suffice for travelling as a student. Hope this helps!

franalmeida900

Star Member
Mar 16, 2023
Hi,
How strange! Wondering why there’s a holdup… I know there’s quite a few study permit cases on this tracker and PPR is a separate step entirely so maybe you can check how long it’s been taking others to get their PPR? You can ask them in the comments as well: https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/study-permit-tracker

From what I can see, most people got their PPR in 1-2 months after they submitted their biometrics…

nitkings

May 18, 2024
Hi. I received my Canada work permit letter of introduction recently. However, there was no request for passport for stamping a temporary resident visa (trv). I do have a business visitor visa (b1) that is multiple entry and valid till 2030. Is that why IRCC did not issue me a new TRV, as I already have a valid TRV? I thought that with a b1 visa, one can stay in Canada for a maximum of 6 months -- however my work permit is for 1 year.

Or, do I need to apply for a fresh TRV now? I checked online, and IRCC website said that there is no need for sending a separate application for TRV -- if they approve the work permit, they will automatically issue the TRV.

Or will they send me a passport request letter in the coming days?

Sorry for so many questions - I am confused.

I am applying from India. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!