+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit approved but no passport request, WHY?

ifaint

Jun 7, 2020
I'm from outside of Canada. My employer asked the lawyer about my status and send employer support letter to IRCC.
Then the work permit was approved a month ago, but still no passport request. Any one know the reason and any action needed?

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I'm from outside of Canada. My employer asked the lawyer about my status and send employer support letter to IRCC.
Then the work permit was approved a month ago, but still no passport request. Any one know the reason and any action needed?
What country are you from? If you are from a country that does not need TRV, you won't get a passport request AFAIK.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Are you in a country where VFS have been closed? Assume this may be the reason.

ifaint

Jun 7, 2020
Are you in a country where VFS have been closed? Assume this may be the reason.
As far as I know, VFS in China is working. But it is not clear if they process TRV application. They don't answer this explicitly on the phone.

bytenaija

Nov 11, 2019
Mine has been approved since August 5th and I still don't have PPR

skd46443

Nov 3, 2020
Mine has been approved since August 5th and I still don't have PPR
hey what do you mean by counterfoil approved 5th August? dint get that part.

so you received your correspondence letter on 5th August and per GCMS your application was approved on same day but got notification on Oct 17th??

bytenaija

Nov 11, 2019
hey what do you mean by counterfoil approved 5th August? dint get that part.

so you received your correspondence letter on 5th August and per GCMS your application was approved on same day but got notification on Oct 17th??
I still don't have notification up till this moment. My visa and counterfoil that is stamped on the visa has already been approved, but I still don't have a notification and they have not asked for my passport.

ifaint

Jun 7, 2020
I still don't have notification up till this moment. My visa and counterfoil that is stamped on the visa has already been approved, but I still don't have a notification and they have not asked for my passport.
Do you have any clue about this? I guess a quarantine plan is not needed for PPR. I also send a webform query to check yesterday, but no response yet.

bigumobi

Feb 18, 2022
How did you get it solved? I got my Study Permit approved today but no PPR yet. My spouse got the correspondence letter and the PPR today so the process is finalized. I don't know what to do.

Godoy

Mar 21, 2016
How did you get it solved? I got my Study Permit approved today but no PPR yet. My spouse got the correspondence letter and the PPR today so the process is finalized. I don't know what to do.
Helo! How did you solve this problem? I'm facing the same issue! Can you help me by saying what did you do to receive your Passport Request letter? (PPR).

Godoy

Mar 21, 2016
Hi Y'all!

My wife is the principal applicant for the Canadian work visa (WP). Last Wednesday (December 7th), our visa was approved (WP + OWP + 2 Visitor).

Therefore, we received the documents in our email to apply for a passport. However, only my wife did not receive the passport application letter.

She received two documents by email: a) the work permit letter to pick up the permit at the border and b) the biometrics validation document (correspondance letter). However, she did not receive the Passport Request (PPR) letter, possibly due to a system error.

All visas were approved 5 days ago. The secondary applicants received the “Passport Request” document, only the main applicant did not receive this letter.

I would like to know, given the context explained above, if we can send the passports to the VFS for stamping?

Is that possible?