Med's Request
09/09/2015
Med's Done....
16/09/2015
Interview........
waived tlu verification
Passport Req..
05/11/2015 DM - 23/10/2015
My mother is on supervisa here in Canada since one and half year. Just wanted to know that do I need to get her both Canadian and Indian PCC?
or only Indian PCC ?

Solarmanng

Nov 11, 2015
Reactions: MILIND1985

Nikhil shah

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Hello Everyone,

so i got PCC appointment for my parents at BLS Brampton on 28-May. on the letter it says the PCC should be received by 15-Jun-2024. which will not happen as it will take time to get back the PCC from india. Kindly suggest how to communicate to IRCC with regards to delay. i do have their email. is it better to email them about the extension or use web form?

nims38

Apr 3, 2017
In case if it helps someone:
I was really anxious as I wasn't able to link my parents PR application. On 13th May (Monday) I submitted a web form and asked for the status, received a reply on 15th May (Wednesday) that the application is in progress and the document has been received. Today, 17th May (Friday), I was able to link the application and noticing that the letter "X" before the application number has been removed as well.

Summary: Sometimes by raising a webform, you get the updates immediately after the response. Same thing happened with me when I applied for my own PR.

All the best!

Shankar Iyer

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Send them a le
Hello Everyone,

so i got PCC appointment for my parents at BLS Brampton on 28-May. on the letter it says the PCC should be received by 15-Jun-2024. which will not happen as it will take time to get back the PCC from india. Kindly suggest how to communicate to IRCC with regards to delay. i do have their email. is it better to email them about the extension or use web form?
Send a letter of explanation and any proof you can provide that its submitted as of a certain date, and request for an extension.

Last edited:

Yuechen2024pr

May 17, 2024
Just wanna share my timeline here. Similar to @nims38, I wasn't able to get any update for a long time after I submitted the requested additional docs so I did a web form(on Apr 26) asking if there was anything wrong with the docs. Got a reply within a week and soon after that they started processing my application.

One question if anyone can help clarify, does CIC send separate pre-arrival service letters to principle and dependent or just one to the principle?

Invitation Received: 12-Oct-2023
Application Submitted:19- Nov-2023(Parents not in Canada)
Additional Docs Request: 26-Feb-2024 (IMM5406)
Additional Docs Submitted: 27-Feb-2024
AOR Received: Never Received
Biometric Request: 02-May-2024
GCkey linked: 02-May-2024
Medical request: 03-May-2024
PCC request: 06-May-2024
Biometric Completed: 08- May -2024
Medical Completed: 08-May-2024
Sponsor Approval: 08-May-2024
Medical Passed: 13-May-2024
PCC Uploaded: 13-May-2024
Pre-arrival Letter: 17-May-2024
PR Portal: Waiting
eCOPR: Waiting

Reactions: nims38

Shankar Iyer

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
J
Just wanna share my timeline here. Similar to @nims38, I wasn't able to get any update for a long time after I submitted the requested additional docs so I did a web form(on Apr 26) asking if there was anything wrong with the docs. Got a reply within a week and soon after that they started processing my application.

One question if anyone can help clarify, does CIC send separate pre-arrival service letters to principle and dependent or just one to the principle?

Invitation Received: 12-Oct-2023
Application Submitted:19- Nov-2023(Parents not in Canada)
Additional Docs Request: 26-Feb-2024 (IMM5406)
Additional Docs Submitted: 27-Feb-2024
AOR Received: Never Received
Biometric Request: 02-May-2024
GCkey linked: 02-May-2024
Medical request: 03-May-2024
PCC request: 06-May-2024
Biometric Completed: 08- May -2024
Medical Completed: 08-May-2024
Sponsor Approval: 08-May-2024
Medical Passed: 13-May-2024
PCC Uploaded: 13-May-2024
Pre-arrival Letter: 17-May-2024
PR Portal: Waiting
eCOPR: Waiting
Just 1 pre-arrival letter. Its a generic letter and unlike other letters is not addressed to the primary, dependent or sponsor.

If your parents are not in Canada then they should expect a request to send their passports in for Visa stamping and not the PR Portal email. The PR portal landing aka virtual landing is done only if the applicant's inside Canada.

Yuechen2024pr

May 17, 2024
J

Just 1 pre-arrival letter. Its a generic letter and unlike other letters is not addressed to the primary, dependent or sponsor.

If your parents are not in Canada then they should expect a request to send their passports in for Visa stamping and not the PR Portal email. The PR portal landing aka virtual landing is done only if the applicant's inside Canada.
Thanks very much for the clarification!

gvrr

May 14, 2024
Hi folks, I request a clarification regarding PCC. Parents are presently visiting me in Canada on Visitors visa. If the PCC request comes while they are in Canada, can they apply for the PCC at BLS centre in Canada as visitors.

Shankar Iyer

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Hi folks, I request a clarification regarding PCC. Parents are presently visiting me in Canada on Visitors visa. If the PCC request comes while they are in Canada, can they apply for the PCC at BLS centre in Canada as visitors.
Yes they can my parents did and got it from BLS, but now that they're in Canada make sure to inform IRCC about their change of address. And then if they return to their home country before the application is completed they need to inform again about the change of address.

gvrr

May 14, 2024
Thanks. At what stage ( when) do I inform IRCC about their change of address. And I noticed that to apply through BLS we need to give address proof ( as they are presently in Canada, then obviously the adress proof in Canada ) for the parents. But how can I get a address proof document for them in Canada, as they are staying with me .

Shankar Iyer

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Thanks. At what stage ( when) do I inform IRCC about their change of address. And I noticed that to apply through BLS we need to give address proof ( as they are presently in Canada, then obviously the adress proof in Canada ) for the parents. But how can I get a address proof document for them in Canada, as they are staying with me .
You're welcome! You can inform IRCC as soon as they arrive in Canada.

You dont need Canadian address proof for them since they're visitors. I was asked to give my documents AND a cover litter explaining I'm providing my address documents for their PCC.

Here's a copy of my cover letter: NOTE - you require a separate cover letter for each parents, and attach self-attested copies of all the documents separately to each application bundle.

I am a Canadian citizen, and I am sponsoring my mother <NAME> to become a permanent resident in Canada. For this she requires a police clearance certificate from Indian authorities. Now she is in Vancouver visiting me on a Super Visa, the Canadian government granted the visa in 2015. She applied for permanent residency in October 2023 during her stay in Vancouver and she has no immediate plans to return to India. Therefore, she is applying for the PCC with CGI Vancouver.

Being a temporary resident in Canada the province of BC has not issued her an official document that could serve as proof of residence while she stays with me in Vancouver. Therefore, I am providing copies of my documents to support her application which are as follows:

• Canadian passport
  • Citizenship certificate
  • Surrendered Indian passport
  • Surrender certificate
  • BC driver’s license

MILIND1985

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/06/2014
IELTS Request
with file
File Transfer...
25/11/2014
Med's Request
09/09/2015
Med's Done....
16/09/2015
Interview........
waived tlu verification
Passport Req..
05/11/2015 DM - 23/10/2015

gvrr

May 14, 2024
You're welcome! You can inform IRCC as soon as they arrive in Canada.

You dont need Canadian address proof for them since they're visitors. I was asked to give my documents AND a cover litter explaining I'm providing my address documents for their PCC.

Here's a copy of my cover letter: NOTE - you require a separate cover letter for each parents, and attach self-attested copies of all the documents separately to each application bundle.

I am a Canadian citizen, and I am sponsoring my mother <NAME> to become a permanent resident in Canada. For this she requires a police clearance certificate from Indian authorities. Now she is in Vancouver visiting me on a Super Visa, the Canadian government granted the visa in 2015. She applied for permanent residency in October 2023 during her stay in Vancouver and she has no immediate plans to return to India. Therefore, she is applying for the PCC with CGI Vancouver.

Being a temporary resident in Canada the province of BC has not issued her an official document that could serve as proof of residence while she stays with me in Vancouver. Therefore, I am providing copies of my documents to support her application which are as follows:

• Canadian passport
  • Citizenship certificate
  • Surrendered Indian passport
  • Surrender certificate
  • BC driver’s license
Many thanks for your clear guidance. How do I inform IRCC regarding the arrival of my parents in Canada. How do I reference to the PGP application. Is it through the initial PGP application number or the number provided by IRCC for sending additional documents. ( I have not yet received AOR).