+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

your dependant will accompany you to Canada

parth9999

Dec 26, 2017
I am married and i am in canada while my wife is in india

have a question as in imm 0008 que 11 says your dependant will accompany you to Canada what to answer yes or no ?

I am in canada n my wife is in india

craig123

Jul 7, 2017

have a question as in imm 0008 que 11 says your dependant will accompany you to Canada what to answer yes or no ?

If you are filing for your wife's PR along with you then the answer to that question will be Yes. If you answer No, she will not get a PR and you will never be able to sponsor her PR in the future. If she does plan to come to Canada she will have to qualify, apply and get PR based by her own.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Accompanying = she is immigrating at the same time as you.

Reactions: Armstrong17

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
If you are filing for your wife's PR along with you then the answer to that question will be Yes. If you answer No, she will not get a PR and you will never be able to sponsor her PR in the future. If she does plan to come to Canada she will have to qualify, apply and get PR based by her own.
OP is declaring his spouse and is asking whether to include her as accompanying or non-accompanying. Neither option will result in her being unable to be sponsored. That only happens if a person doesn't include their spouse at all in their application.

parth9999

Dec 26, 2017
but my dought is that as i am in camada and we wont be able to do landing to gether as my wife is in india

So here accompanying uses for landing purposes or just to say we both living to gether ??

As in my situation we have to do landing sepretly but we will be to gether with in a month after gerring copr

So what to amswer yes or no ??

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
but my dought is that as i am in camada and we wont be able to do landing to gether as my wife is in india

So here accompanying uses for landing purposes or just to say we both living to gether ??

As in my situation we have to do landing sepretly but we will be to gether with in a month after gerring copr

If you want her to become a PR, yes. If you don't want her to become a PR, no.

craig123

Jul 7, 2017
Accompanying = she is immigrating at the same time as you.
OP is declaring his spouse and is asking whether to include her as accompanying or non-accompanying. Neither option will result in her being unable to be sponsored. That only happens if a person doesn't include their spouse at all in their application.
It is not about declaring, if you do not declare your spouse it is misrepresentation. But if do declare then you are providing correct information. Now if you answer Yes to accompanying then she gets her PR but if he answers No she does not get PR also he cannot sponsor her in future. I am not sure if this same applies to IMM 0008 form but it does apply to Express Entry.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is not about declaring, if you do not declare your spouse it is misrepresentation. But if do declare then you are providing correct information. Now if you answer Yes to accompanying then she gets her PR but if he answers No she does not get PR also he cannot sponsor her in future. I am not sure if this same applies to IMM 0008 form but it does apply to Express Entry.
Absolutely incorrect.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
it's actualy if he doesn't declare her as in claim he's single then he won't be able to sponsor her

if he declares he's married it's fine. it's either they both get PR or he sponsors her (non-accompanying)

you don't have to do the landing together even if you say accompanying. primary applicant can land alone first. if she's going to move with you soon, then mention accompanying. if she will stay in india then later on plan on moving with you you can sponsor her.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
if you do not declare your spouse it is misrepresentation.
This is true.

Now if you answer Yes to accompanying then she gets her PR true

but if he answers No she does not get PR true also he cannot sponsor her in future false.

If she is "non-accompanying" she still needs to get the medical exam done and submit PCCs - this preserves the applicant's' right to sponsor her under the family class in the future.

There are some cases where spouses plan to go their separate ways without divorcing - one wants to come to Canada, the other has no intention of ever doing so, and so refuses to comply with the request for the medical exam and PCCs. Under very exceptional circumstances, IRCC may allow the applicant to proceed without submitting the documents for the spouse, with the understanding that they will NEVER be able to sponsor the spouse. However, this is the exception - in most cases, IRCC will expect you to prove the marriage breakdown with legal documents (e.g. divorce decree).

LOL, none of this addresses the OP's question, however : )

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
You are completely wrong. Stop posting bad information.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011

If you want her to come to Canada as a PR, then you must include her as "accompanying."

I think you are just asking about the timing of the landing. You, the principal applicant, can land first, you do not need to land at the same time. (The dependent cannot land first, however). The dependent must land before the expiry of the COPR.

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Just use the eligibility tool twcie, first time put yes and second time put no ( in the field is your spouse coming with you to canada ? May in martial status definitely you should choose married)
I guess if you choose no you might end up un eligible just try it on CIC Web

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017

Just use the eligibility tool twcie, first time put yes and second time put no ( in the field is your spouse coming with you to canada ? martial status definitely you should choose married)
May be you will end up un-eligible for choosing no

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Just use the eligibility tool twcie, first time put yes and second time put no ( in the field is your spouse coming with you to canada ? martial status definitely you should choose married)
May be you will end up un-eligible for choosing no
OP said his spouse would land about a month after him. so she's accompanying him, just landing a few weeks later