+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

YOUR AID IS REQUIRED

jneutron

Apr 13, 2015
Good Day,

I tried contacting CIC today to ask a simple question but was referred to the online help, which could not answer my question.

I'm currently waiting in the EE pool for my number to be called. I am applying as a couple with myself as the primary applicant.

In the list of questions, it ask that for my spouse to provide information about education. Currently she is in her second year of university, so I selected that she is currently in school. It asked if she has a ECA for this education and I selected no, and it didn't prompt me otherwise. She couldn't get an ECA for this either, as ECAs are given for completed study.

In reading the mandatory information that is required for document submission, it lists that both primary applicant and spouse should submit an ECA.

My question is....(three questions actually)

Do I only submit my ECA along with her university transcript to prove that she is currently in school? Or would I need to definitely get her to do an ECA report for her college education?

If I select 'no' for the ECA option where it asks if she has an ECA for her college education, but in the interim apply to get an ECA, and our number happen to be called while we wait the 6 weeks for the ECA to come through.....would I be penalized since I selected 'no' to the ECA on the EE application, but in the submission of documents, I'd actually be submitting the ECA? Would they turn me down?

Thanks

coolhyd

Jun 1, 2012
jneutron said:
Good Day,

I tried contacting CIC today to ask a simple question but was referred to the online help, which could not answer my question.

I'm currently waiting in the EE pool for my number to be called. I am applying as a couple with myself as the primary applicant.

In the list of questions, it ask that for my spouse to provide information about education. Currently she is in her second year of university, so I selected that she is currently in school. It asked if she has a ECA for this education and I selected no, and it didn't prompt me otherwise. She couldn't get an ECA for this either, as ECAs are given for completed study.

In reading the mandatory information that is required for document submission, it lists that both primary applicant and spouse should submit an ECA.

My question is....(three questions actually)

Do I only submit my ECA along with her university transcript to prove that she is currently in school? Or would I need to definitely get her to do an ECA report for her college education?

If I select 'no' for the ECA option where it asks if she has an ECA for her college education, but in the interim apply to get an ECA, and our number happen to be called while we wait the 6 weeks for the ECA to come through.....would I be penalized since I selected 'no' to the ECA on the EE application, but in the submission of documents, I'd actually be submitting the ECA? Would they turn me down?

Thanks
Dont mention anything that you are not claiming points for in Express Entry profile. Anything you claim under Express Entry profile will need proofs. ECA in case of education.

You can mention under personal history when submiting PR application.

jneutron

Apr 13, 2015
So since I didn't select 'yes' for the ECA, you're suggesting that I shouldn't have her request it.

I'm just wondering if because she doesn't have an ECA for the university study, if I should list her college education and then request an ECA for that.....simply because it said both primary and secondary applicant should be submitting an ECA....

coolhyd

Jun 1, 2012
jneutron said:
So since I didn't select 'yes' for the ECA, you're suggesting that I shouldn't have her request it.

I'm just wondering if because she doesn't have an ECA for the university study, if I should list her college education and then request an ECA for that.....simply because it said both primary and secondary applicant should be submitting an ECA....
Did you get an Invitation to apply for PR?

coolhyd

Jun 1, 2012
jneutron said:

If you haven't got an Invitation, then just delete your spouse's education details from express entry profile.

Only completed degrees are accepted. Not ongoing studies.

You will have a chance to mention your Spouse's education details when filling a PR application after you get an Invitation to apply for PR.

Express Entry profile is not a PR application.