+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

YNP way to get back to canada, before decisions made?

deliadelia

Aug 5, 2016
Hello there,

Situation: My application is in process for Yukon nominee program. As of high application number the process times rose a lot and I am wondering if there is a way for me to go back before the decision on my application is made?

I

Employers must ensure that the foreign national has legal status in Canada throughout the YNP assessment process. (i.e. at the time of submission of application and during the YNP assessment, up until YNP has reached a decision).

thought about :
- Temporary work permit (using my job offer from my employer up there)
- Fly back and show immigration officer's all my paperwork , explaining that I'm in the ynp assessment process , and ask for a temporary work permit?
- Fly back to yukon as a visitor , leave the country when decision is made on my nomination and come back with my letter of approval?
- Or all I can do right now ,is wait for decision and the letter of approval?

One of the thousands of sources I read:

2) FOREIGN NATIONAL REQUIREMENTS

Eligibility:
If in Canada at the time of application, the foreign national must have legal status in Canada. Only foreign nationals with a valid Temporary Work Permit (TWP) or a student visa, with the course of study completed, will be allowed. Foreign nationals cannot be refugee claimants or visitors. Any foreign national who is in Canada on a student permit needs to demonstrate completion of all the requirements of the academic program before being considered for the YNP.
Foreign workers who are currently in Canada, must maintain a valid work permit throughout the YNP application and assessment process. If you are unable to provide the YNP with a valid work permit your application will be declined. Please be advised that if you are under Implied Status, you are not eligible to apply for nomination through the YNP.

I'm sorry if I ask a " much asked question", but dang I just can't find an answer. Even tho lots of my friends went through all that. Everything changes so fast .
I really hope that I just misunderstood everything I read and learned about this program and there is an way for me to fly back sooner than later.

I'd really appreciate some help

Bohne0208

Aug 27, 2014
Hi Deliadelia,
all you can do is wait till the decision is made.
You won´t get a work permit at the border/Airport just like this. You have to apply for the work permit after you got nominated by the province of Yukon. You can apply online. It took a few days till it got approved in my case.

Last edited: