+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Yemeni seeks asylum!

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Need to apply for refugee status with the UNHRC in a country other than Yemen or obtain a TRV (for Canada) and apply in the country.

Rami961

Jul 17, 2017
Need to apply for refugee status with the UNHRC in a country other than Yemen or obtain a TRV (for Canada) and apply in the country.
I'm already registered as a refugee in the UNHCR and i have a certificate proofs that am a refugee , so what's next please?

Reactions: supreme50

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm already registered as a refugee in the UNHCR and i have a certificate proofs that am a refugee , so what's next please?
UNHCR needs to refer you for resettlement in Canada. So next step is to speak with UNHCR.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
My understanding is that the UNHCR will refer your case to 28 countries involved in the resettlement program and it's up to one of them to accept you. Preference is given to those with the most urgent needs. I don't believe you get to choose your country, rather the country chooses you. And it can be a long process.

Zaloot

Jul 12, 2017
Does any one knows if there UNHCR at Saudi Arabia, If yes can any one apply from there to refugee status ?

Ottawa-applicant

Apr 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My understanding is that the UNHCR will refer your case to 28 countries involved in the resettlement program and it's up to one of them to accept you. Preference is given to those with the most urgent needs. I don't believe you get to choose your country, rather the country chooses you. And it can be a long process.
What if the OP has relative ( family members or close friend in Canada) does that count towards Canada being the selected destination?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
I doubt a "close friend" would count for anything. I'm sure one of the considerations would be family ties, but ultimately it would depend on whether the country feels they are a good fit and will contribute to the country. There's a lot more to the process than registering and then picking your favourite country. The premise is you are in a desperate situation and anywhere offering safe haven is preferable than the current situation. it's not a travel agency where you tell them you want to go here only or you aren't going!

Ottawa-applicant

Apr 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I doubt a "close friend" would count for anything. I'm sure one of the considerations would be family ties, but ultimately it would depend on whether the country feels they are a good fit and will contribute to the country. There's a lot more to the process than registering and then picking your favourite country. The premise is you are in a desperate situation and anywhere offering safe haven is preferable than the current situation. it's not a travel agency where you tell them you want to go here only or you aren't going!
Well said, lets just hope as they have opened the door once for Syrian and Iraqis; they can also open for Yemenis ..