+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Xray results showed abnormality but I am healthy -- please help

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Once an applicant is diagnosed with TB, is he/she officially advised by IRCC to undergo treatment?
What I am worried about is that I would be submitting my PR application this week and the sputum sample collections would start from tomorrow for 3 days. The results would be out in Feb 2022, followed by a repeat Chest Xray in mid March 2022. God forbid, if I am diagnosed with TB (curable one), would IRCC reject my application right away or they would further refer me for treatment to their approved physician in my country and await for the final results of the treatment (6-8 months) and then make decision on my application processing? (The underlined scenario is quite unclear). Would appreciate valuable input.
You would need to undergo treatment in your home country and your application would be put on hold.

Reactions: musaraza14

ss_2015

Star Member
May 5, 2015
My mom got the same request. However she couldn't have complete sputum test! It was not possible for her to create sputum based on the restricted directions on how to do it. She has done 2nd X-ray and doctor reported show couldn't do sputum test. Anyone with same experience?

nitinkrm

Sep 26, 2024
Hi All,
i am in the same boat and very worried.
I was asked to submit sputum test in June and for 2nd xray which was today.
I went for 2nd xray and there was no-change, the doctor earlier said if the there is no change in the xray, then there is no issue but if there is, she will ask for CT and see further.
However, today, despite being no change, she was forcing me to go for CT and i argued with her that its not asked by IRCC so i wont go for it.
She said she will write in the report under Investigation Advice for CT Scan.

I am really worried.

Can someone please answer below two questions based on this?
1. Will IRCC ask for CT Scan even if all the tests are negative and the XRAY has no change? as the doctor has written her advice
2. If they ask for it, will i receive a letter or how will i got to know it?
3. If i get it, can i change panel and go with some other hospital from this stage in same city?

Any guidance would be helpful