+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrongfully Refused HELP!

YouthTree

Jul 4, 2018
A couple of weeks ago I was asked to supply a police certificate for a country I was living in even though I hadn't been there at the point of submission for longer than 6 months. I emailed them stating this and telling them I had moved back to my home country and they asked for a new schedule A. I uploaded the new schedule A within the time limit but just got refused because

"On July 04th, 2018 you were asked to provide a Police Certificate from the Netherlands and you indicated that you had recently moved to the United Kingdom. On July 09th, 2018 you were then asked to provide a Schedule A due by July 16, 2018.
You were informed that if this office did not receive the required evidence and documents from you within the time specified, your application would be assessed on the basis of the information that was originally provided with your application. You were warned that failure to provide the additional information could result in the refusal of your application.
To this date, we have not received the required document from you. As a result, you have not met the requirements of section 16(1) and I have; therefore, refused your application.
You will receive a refund of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee that you have paid."

It said in the letter for the police check "Police Certificate: Please provide a Police Certificate from Netherlands. This must be received at this office by: 2018/08/06"

It also says in my actual application for the schedule a:

Uploaded - not submitted to IRCC
Uploaded Filename: SCHEDULE A (3).pdf

This seems like a genuine mistake by CIC. I uploaded the document SCHEDULE A(3) but it wasn't submitted? Or were they talking about the police check which had another few weeks? I desperately need to talk to them, is there anyway to contact them? What should I do? Reapply asap? I take it this has also cost me alot of money which I wont fully get back?

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
A couple of weeks ago I was asked to supply a police certificate for a country I was living in even though I hadn't been there at the point of submission for longer than 6 months. I emailed them stating this and telling them I had moved back to my home country and they asked for a new schedule A. I uploaded the new schedule A within the time limit but just got refused because

"On July 04th, 2018 you were asked to provide a Police Certificate from the Netherlands and you indicated that you had recently moved to the United Kingdom. On July 09th, 2018 you were then asked to provide a Schedule A due by July 16, 2018.
You were informed that if this office did not receive the required evidence and documents from you within the time specified, your application would be assessed on the basis of the information that was originally provided with your application. You were warned that failure to provide the additional information could result in the refusal of your application.
To this date, we have not received the required document from you. As a result, you have not met the requirements of section 16(1) and I have; therefore, refused your application.
You will receive a refund of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee that you have paid."

It said in the letter for the police check "Police Certificate: Please provide a Police Certificate from Netherlands. This must be received at this office by: 2018/08/06"

This seems like a genuine mistake by CIC. I uploaded the document SCHEDULE A(3) but it wasn't submitted? Or were they talking about the police check which had another few weeks? I desperately need to talk to them, is there anyway to contact them? What should I do? Reapply asap? I take it this has also cost me alot of money which I wont fully get back?
Sorry to hear this. But it looks like it was due to schedule A not uploaded within stipulated time.
Did you upload but it didn't go through and you never knew, is it so?
I'm afraid you will not be able to do much about it now. How much was your CRS, see if you chance of getting another ITA.

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018

Uploaded - not submitted to IRCC - i guess this part means that you uploaded the doc but didnt hit send or submit maybe and so they never actually received the document ?

YouthTree

Jul 4, 2018
Such a stupid mistake, I wish they had of just pointed this out to me instead of refused my whole visa. Do I have to start again?

YouthTree

Jul 4, 2018
It said uploaded, I presumed that was it :(. Could this affect my next application or should it just be like starting fresh?

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
It said uploaded, I presumed that was it :(. Could this affect my next application or should it just be like starting fresh?
It will not affect your next application. Do mention though that you have been refused before. there is a question related to it.

YouthTree

Jul 4, 2018
Is there any point in me emailing to explain my clumsy error in hopes of them reopening my case saving me money and more importantly time?

I'm also worried if I don't explain myself they will think i was trying to hide something and it will affect my next application

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
Is there any point in me emailing to explain my clumsy error in hopes of them reopening my case saving me money and more importantly time?

I'm also worried if I don't explain myself they will think i was trying to hide something and it will affect my next application
I think the applications do no get reopened generally but in your next application you could always explain it in the LOE and it should be fine. it is an honest mistake after all.