+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong job title in EE profile

saloobhai

Dec 23, 2019
Hi guys,

While creating express entry profile I mistakenly entered incorrect job title; now I have received my ITA? So can I update my title with LOE post ITA? @Miss bee

Thanks,

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
What's the mistake exactly?

saloobhai

Dec 23, 2019
@hamgha
What's the mistake exactly?
@hamgha Thanks for your reply. So while submitting EE profile, I entered job title for one of my jobs as "software developer" whereas my company reference letter will contain software engineer and the leaving letter also mentions software engineer. I was trying to pick the closest title from the list of example titles under noc 2174

saloobhai

Dec 23, 2019
@hamgha

@hamgha Thanks for your reply. So while submitting EE profile, I entered job title for one of my jobs as "software developer" whereas my company reference letter will contain software engineer and the leaving letter also mentions software engineer. I was trying to pick the closest title from the list of example titles under noc 2174
Hi @hamgha are you there? Please reply its urgent

Max003

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Hi @hamgha are you there? Please reply its urgent
As far as IRCC concerned, job tile doesn't matter as long as you have the roles and responsibilities match the chosen NOC. The title could be anything but the most important thing is your NOC and job responsibilities.

saloobhai

Dec 23, 2019
As far as IRCC concerned, job tile doesn't matter as long as you have the roles and responsibilities match the chosen NOC. The title could be anything but the most important thing is your NOC and job responsibilities.
Hi @Max003 thanks for your reply. Yes I understand that. The problem is I wrote software developer for one of my jobs in my EE profile but on my company's letter my title is mentioned as "software engineer". So when I submit my e-Apr would this discrepancy cause any issue. Do I need to explain this in LOE?

Max003

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Hi @Max003 thanks for your reply. Yes I understand that. The problem is I wrote software developer for one of my jobs in my EE profile but on my company's letter my title is mentioned as "software engineer". So when I submit my e-Apr would this discrepancy cause any issue. Do I need to explain this in LOE?
Hi, Change your NOC to accurately reflect the duties and responsibilities listed in your reference letter. It doesn't matter if the NOC you selected pre and post ITA is different as long as it still falls under A, B, and O. Moreover, write a strong Letter of Explanation to the immigration officer to explain that it was a mistake to choose the wrong NOC and hence in the e-APR you are changing the NOC and providing relevant work experience docs to prove it.

saloobhai

Dec 23, 2019
Hi, Change your NOC to accurately reflect the duties and responsibilities listed in your reference letter. It doesn't matter if the NOC you selected pre and post ITA is different as long as it still falls under A, B, and O. Moreover, write a strong Letter of Explanation to the immigration officer to explain that it was a mistake to choose the wrong NOC and hence in the e-APR you are changing the NOC and providing relevant work experience docs to prove it.
Hi @Max003, NOC is not an issue. NOC will remain the same. The issue is with job title. I wrote my job title as "software developer" and company reference letter mentions job title as "software engineer". Job roles and responsibilities still reflect the original noc selected, so NOC will not change just the job title was entered incorrectly

Max003

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Hi @Max003, NOC is not an issue. NOC will remain the same. The issue is with job title. I wrote my job title as "software developer" and company reference letter mentions job title as "software engineer". Job roles and responsibilities still reflect the original noc selected, so NOC will not change just the job title was entered incorrectly
Well, then you are perfectly fine. Like I mentioned earlier, the Job title is not a biggie as long as the chosen NOC matches your roles and responsibilities. In your case, it does so you are off the hook. However, if you are feeling about writing an LOE with this concern do it so. There are a lot of similar cases happened in the past where people put different job title in their profile. So speaking from past experience, IRCC will only look at your duties you've performed for the particular NOC you've chosen regardless of the job title.

saloobhai

Dec 23, 2019
Well, then you are perfectly fine. Like I mentioned earlier, the Job title is not a biggie as long as the chosen NOC matches your roles and responsibilities. In your case, it does so you are off the hook. However, if you are feeling about writing an LOE with this concern do it so. There are a lot of similar cases happened in the past where people put different job title in their profile. So speaking from past experience, IRCC will only look at your duties you've performed for the particular NOC you've chosen regardless of the job title.
Thanks alot @Max003 you'r a life saver. I was really concerned about this. So changing the title in e-Apr without LOE would work as well right?

Max003

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Thanks alot @Max003 you'r a life saver. I was really concerned about this. So changing the title in e-Apr without LOE would work as well right?
My pleasure. Technically, it would. You can make any changes if you wish before submitting your e-APR as long as it won't affect your CRS score. But, if I were you I would definitely write an LOE even if a minor change happened in my application cuz I don't want to take a single chance of my application getting refused when I can write a simple LOE which only cost me a couple of minutes. Have a look here about making any changes in your application before submission;
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

saloobhai

Dec 23, 2019
My pleasure. Technically, it would. You can make any changes if you wish before submitting your e-APR as long as it won't affect your CRS score. But, if I were you I would definitely write an LOE even if a minor change happened in my application cuz I don't want to take a single chance of my application getting refused when I can write a simple LOE which only cost me a couple of minutes. Have a look here about making any changes in your application before submission;
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html
@Max003 Cant thank you enough. while going through the link you provided I found this line which says

"If there are discrepancies between the information in the applicant’s profile and the information in the applicant’s e-APR which are not the result of a legitimate change in the applicant’s circumstance, the officer should determine whether a finding of misrepresentation under section A40 applies." under section assessing for misrepresentation.

does this mean changing title would also be assessed for misrepresentation?

Max003

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
@Max003 Cant thank you enough. while going through the link you provided I found this line which says

"If there are discrepancies between the information in the applicant’s profile and the information in the applicant’s e-APR which are not the result of a legitimate change in the applicant’s circumstance, the officer should determine whether a finding of misrepresentation under section A40 applies." under section assessing for misrepresentation.

does this mean changing title would also be assessed for misrepresentation?
You are taking that sentence out of context. You are not falsifying any information in your application but just changing your job title which is very insignificant for misrepresentation. Moreover, the change is indeed legitimate.

"If a candidate decides to submit an e-APR, the system automatically transfers the information from their profile to their e-APR for their convenience. The candidate is required to ensure that the information is still accurate before they submit their e-APR to IRCC. If the information transferred from the candidate’s profile is no longer accurate, the candidate must update their application accordingly"

Read it carefully, it is your job to keep your information up to date before submission. In your case, you found an honest mistake about your job title hence you are going to update with new information. This is in no way is a misrepresentation nor would affect your CRS score. That's why I recommend you to write an LOE to the officer about your mistake. Last not least, misrepresentation is not a little word to throw around. In order for the officer to find an application being misrepresented, he needs to find significant proof that the applicant being not honest in his application where he wouldn't be awarded the CRS score to be eligible for the program he is applied.

saloobhai

Dec 23, 2019
You are taking that sentence out of context. You are not falsifying any information in your application but just changing your job title which is very insignificant for misrepresentation. Moreover, the change is indeed legitimate.

"If a candidate decides to submit an e-APR, the system automatically transfers the information from their profile to their e-APR for their convenience. The candidate is required to ensure that the information is still accurate before they submit their e-APR to IRCC. If the information transferred from the candidate’s profile is no longer accurate, the candidate must update their application accordingly"

Read it carefully, it is your job to keep your information up to date before submission. In your case, you found an honest mistake about your job title hence you are going to update with new information. This is in no way is a misrepresentation nor would affect your CRS score. That's why I recommend you to write an LOE to the officer about your mistake. Last not least, misrepresentation is not a little word to throw around. In order for the officer to find an application being misrepresented, he needs to find significant proof that the applicant being not honest in his application where he wouldn't be awarded the CRS score to be eligible for the program he is applied.
@Max003 Thanks a million for your help. Just one question. What would be a good explanation for writing incorrect job title in the EE profile?