+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong CRS for work experience post ITA

Jul 2, 2019
Hello!

I received an ITA in a draw a few months back, with a score of 444. The cutoff for that round was 440. It has taken a couple of months to gather all my documents and work experience letters ready to submit. My score of 444 was calculated based on my work experience at that time of over a year of canadian experience. Because of the time its taking to put my application together, I'm getting relatively close to two years of experience, and the 'preview my score' section was showing an updated crs of 469 based on 2 yrs of experience, even though I wont reach this for another few weeks. I know its because of only being able to put in full months instead of specific dates.

I explained clearly in my LOE that the system was calculating this prematurely and I still believe I should only have 444 points as I had at the time of ita and that I don't actually yet have 2 full years, but my score of 444 should still be acceptable as its above the cutoff. I sent off the application the other day in a rush, but now I'm really worried I'm going to get into trouble for this 469 crs score that doesn't actually reflect my experience. Is this likely to cause rejection or an issue?