+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WP expires

sasakshi

Feb 2, 2018
Hi Guys,

I studied here for a year, after a year I applied for OWP, due to some reason that got rejected. I got restoration which I did and got Visitor visa. Later I married to my BF he was on WP too.. right now I am on WP which is last for 5 months only.
Now, we decided to apply PR together, but somehow I couldn't get good score , we just have 5 months left he got good score.
We decided not to wait for more , he is applying for PR by himself once he get PR I will be dependent on him.

My question is, I am working full time somewhere which was my dream job, don't want to leave it. However my visa is just for 5 months. I have to leave country after once it gets expire.
What should I do, please help

sasakshi

Feb 2, 2018
I got 5.5 overall

What if my husband will be on bridge permit can I also apply for bridge permit with him?

deeps1987

Jun 2, 2018
I got 5.5 overall

What if my husband will be on bridge permit can I also apply for bridge permit with him?
I do not think you can apply for bridge permit. But may be eligible to apply for SOWP.

Refer
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/exemption-codes/public-policy-competitiveness-economy.html#skilled-workers

Spouses of bridging open work permit (BOWP) holders
If the principal foreign worker has obtained a BOWP, the following eligibility requirements apply:

• All principal foreign workers’ work permits must be valid for six months or longer.
  • For spouses or common-law partners of federal skilled worker class (FSWC) applicants, the BOWP holder must be performing work that is at a level that falls within NOC skill levels 0, A or B.
  • For spouses or common-law partners of provincial nominee class (PNC) applicants, the spouse or common-law partner is eligible for an open work permit for the duration of the work permit held by the principal PNC applicant, irrespective of the skill level of the principal PNC applicant’s occupation.
  • For spouses or common-law partners of federal skilled trades class (FSTC) applicants, the BOWP holder must be performing work that is within one of the skilled trade occupations in NOC skill level B.
  • For spouses or common-law partners of Canadian experience class (CEC) applicants, there are no set preconditions to be met by the principal CEC applicant.
  • For spouses or common-law partners of caregiver applicants (caring for children class or caring for people with high medical needs class), the BOWP holder must be performing work within one of the qualifying occupations in NOC skill level 0, A or B.

sasakshi

Feb 2, 2018
But I am already on SOWP, when I got restoration I had to dependent on him. Can I apply again to show my husband is on BOWP.