+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wow...need some serious help!!!

dezil

Nov 3, 2011
Long story short...my husband and I are trying to help a friend to come to Canada and I am completely ignorant in immigration matters.

He has an Ecuadorean Passport but living in the US (illegally) with an expired student visa.

My husband owns a construction company and has done PNPs before but for people who already have an existing work permit here in Canada and who are already in the country. He can not do a regular work permit visa because the LMO requires that the job is advertised but Union rules state that my husband can not advertise job positions and must go thru the union that's why we have been doing PNPs.

So my questions are:

1) Which is easiest and fastest...to return to Ecuador and wait patiently for a work permit or to return to Ecuador and come to Canada with a visitors visa and then apply for the work permit once here?

2) How long does either process take?

3) What does each process consist of?

4) Since his US student visa has expired...if he has to cross @ a point of entry...he can not re-enter the USA...how does that work?

Any help would be appreciated...Thanks in advance.

Also not guaranteeing that these are my only questions :p

dezil

Nov 3, 2011
Hi all...I'm just bumping this. I know everyone is busy and I understand completely but if anyone has any info, I would appreciate it immensely.
Thanks in advance :D

sam1986

Apr 21, 2011
Alberta
dezil said:
Hi all...I'm just bumping this. I know everyone is busy and I understand completely but if anyone has any info, I would appreciate it immensely.
Thanks in advance :D
Well when you fill out the application forms, they will ask the applicant if he/she has ever stayed illegally in any country....As soon as they find out that he was illegal....u r done! Chances of getting a PR or a Visa will be challenging.
SAM

CABETO

Mar 17, 2009
I do not think that the fact of have been illegally is enough to be rejected, I personally was illegally living in the USA, I am as a temporary worker here, when I was called for an interview at the Canadian Embassy in my country I said the whole truth, the visa officer made some questions, and asked me if I had committed any crime and I said no, also asked if I had been deported, I said no, I made the decision to leave, then he said he would run a background check in the USA, and he said if it comes clean you will get the Canadian visa. Five days later it was received at my house via courier.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I don't see how you can avoid the LMO. Regardless of whether your friend applies for a work permit from Ecuador or first comes to Canada on a visit visa - you will need to obtain an approved LMO before he can apply for a work permit.

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
sam1986 said:
Well when you fill out the application forms, they will ask the applicant if he/she has ever stayed illegally in any country....As soon as they find out that he was illegal....u r done! Chances of getting a PR or a Visa will be challenging.
SAM
overstay in a country does not affect applying for PR in another