+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Worried....Passed Citizenship Test, but Interview didn't feel like it went well.

Micbm

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Reactions: ashs

ashs

Nov 20, 2018
Hamilton, Ontario
LOL thanks for calling this out :)
I didn't even see the original post date! my mistake...
actually i posted my question in same thread:
hi everyone,

I came here on spouse visa but got divorced in a year. I remarried and applied for citizenship after 4 years. i applied for my citizenship test, which i passed with good marks in 2015. later my consultant received letters from cic asking about my ex-marriage. i provided answers. then they asked about my job, taxes (which i yearly file). My consultant suggested to hold it by not replying and focus on spouse application. because they will keep on asking. My consultant didnt share the letter with me.
So my questions is that can i request cic to consider my old application and give me a chance to reply their questions and provide evidence, rather than applying all over again.

frange

May 25, 2018
hi everyone,

I came here on spouse visa but got divorced in a year. I remarried and applied for citizenship after 4 years. i applied for my citizenship test, which i passed with good marks in 2015. later my consultant received letters from cic asking about my ex-marriage. i provided answers. then they asked about my job, taxes (which i yearly file). My consultant suggested to hold it by not replying and focus on spouse application. because they will keep on asking. My consultant didnt share the letter with me.
So my questions is that can i request cic to consider my old application and give me a chance to reply their questions and provide evidence, rather than applying all over again.
You already posted that maybe twice.

first, you have to contact the client service( call centre) about your file. You need only your personal information such as UCI, DOB...etc
According to what they say, you will know what to do or which strategy adopted. Maybe you can write a letter to ask for a reopen of your file since I think it was closed.

Nobody can tell you what to do without knowing exactly what happened to your file.

Call the call center first and get back to us.... 3 years later, I deeply think it was closed.

Micbm

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
hi everyone,

I'm going to agree frange, very likely your application was already closed. I would say to contact them to have better understanding, but be prepared to re-start your citizenship application form from zero.