+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working under the table.. what are the real risks?

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Huxley1234 said:
I appreciate everyone's advice - but I don't think anyone is really addressing the question.

I am not asking if we should be doing this - we are well aware of the consequences of getting caught.

What I want to know is how likely it is to get caught if we keep silent about it?

ps: I should note she isn't just working from boredom. I mean, even though I meet the requirements to support us without claiming she makes any income, every dollar earned helps us plan for our future and enjoy our lives together without getting too stressed about bills. It's important that she works - and unlikely we will stop now. She has a dream job, with great people, and she is setting up her future career.

I simply need to know if anyone has been in the same situation, or if anyone has been caught, or if you guys had any info on what kind of ways the gov't can catch you?

If someone doesn't like you they can tip you off to CRA. The fact that you are dumb enough to post this on a public site would tell me that you have just increased your chances greatly. Your wife is working illegally and thereby stealing that "dream job" from someone who actually meets the requirements. I think the bulk of the people here are honestly applying within the parameters of what is expected. It is an insult to everyone that you have the nerve to ask anyone how to abet your illegal activities. I hope you get caught. You're an idiot.

Peter Rabbit

Star Member
Apr 2, 2011
1. I am surprised to see that CIC/CBSA are so thorough at monitoring people. I am of opinion that they are immensely incompetent, and if they really catch a wrong-doer this is only a mere fluke. Look at all the refugees seekers (from Europe and other safe countries) who tell lies, claim social assistance and cost us tons of money. No one deports them ... and how can they be deported after they have 1/2/3...10 kids here in Canada, who are all Canadian citizens.

2. Also, I did not know that reporting fraud, particularly reporting those who work illegally and/or work under the table and claim social assistance, makes one an $$$hole.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
minime# said:
Hello I am new here and I'm kinda in the same situation and I need some advice. I am planning to do an inland sponsorship application but i also did odd jobs here n there illegally for abt a year and a hlf. My question is should I let them know on my application or should i just not say anything? Another thing i should put i googled myself and i realised that there is still an old ad that posted there. I have since then stopped working and working on my application but was just wondering what i should do. Thanks in advance!
Honestly, if you are working NOW STOP!!!! And remove that ad, ASAP. Don't bother mentioning it, but that's just me.

minime#

Aug 3, 2012
parker24 said:
Honestly, if you are working NOW STOP!!!! And remove that ad, ASAP. Don't bother mentioning it, but that's just me.
I stopped working about a year ago but I cannot remove the ad as it is on someone's website.....hence the reason I'm asking what to do. I did however renew my status with no problem no question about working.