+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working Holiday Visa extension

moey03

Nov 12, 2012
Hello people! :)

I just have question:

I just recently came here in Toronto Canada on August 2012 and I came here as working holiday visa and it will expire next year of June 2013. On my first month here in Toronto, I got hired to work at Tim Hortons, I think working here is one of the best thing because we do not have Tim Hortons in Japan. I really love working with Canadian people because they are very friendly. I would love to stay more and longer but what are some of the steps that could take in able for me to extend my work permit (working holiday visa), which i know that I could not extend my working holiday visa.

If someone could please kindly help me.. i really want to stay here longer... :(

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can't extend your current visa.

If you wish to remain in Canada and work past the expire of your working holiday visa, you will need to find an employer who is willing to offer you a job and obtain an approved Labour Market Opinion. Once you have these, you will then apply for a close work permit.

Alternatively, you can apply for a second working holiday visa if you qualify.

moey03

Nov 12, 2012
thank you... :)

I am currently working at Tim Hortons... is it possible for me to get an LMO from my employer?

moey03

Nov 12, 2012
and also...... I have called the CIC about work permit extension they told me to get two documents which is job offer letter and and LMO to be able to apply for initial work permit, extension and modification of my work permit.. i'm kind of confused... what is initial work permit? does it mean that even though I have a work permit (under working holiday program), I still need to get a new work permit and not extension?? confused... ???

Thanks guys for all your help greatly appreciated...

sypnicole

Oct 22, 2012
1) Ask your employer if they can apply LMO for you.
2) After you got LMO approval letter go CIC website login with your IEC client number and apply work permit (its already included the extension)
3) wait around 2 months or longer you will know if you can got it or not.
The above work permit need to apply before your current visa expired.
initial work permit just the name they called. anyways its work permit.
work permit is not related to your working holiday visa.
The extension means for the people who applying the work permit and visa will expired before they got news from CIC they will noticed you are still in Canada and waiting for the permit so you are allow to work untill you got the result.