Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-03-2021
Yes. I had no problems with the PGWP.
The fact is that I was working as a part time while studying. Since I was allowed to work full-time between breaks as long as I am not studying. So I thought it is the same as working after completion of study.
Also, I got the job offer while I was on the last semester. If I hadn't accept the offer they would have offered to another student.
But if I knew I wasn't supposed to work after study and before applying PGWP, I definitely would not have started working untill I apply PGWP. My bad.
Your case give me some hope. I'm worried so much as I cant go back to my home country due to some issues. I was asked to apply for refuge status but I choose to apply the direct route which I thought was correct.

Reactions: bgpatel

Sarasrh

Feb 9, 2020
Your case give me some hope. I'm worried so much as I cant go back to my home country due to some issues. I was asked to apply for refuge status but I choose to apply the direct route which I thought was correct.
Hi,
I am in the same situation, have you got your pgwp? Have you submitted any explanation letter?

Kay2018

Jan 11, 2018
Newfoundland and Labrador
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-03-2021
Hi,
I am in the same situation, have you got your pgwp? Have you submitted any explanation letter?
No I applied only by Nov 23rd. I don't think they've started with November applications. I did not attach any letter coz i realized the issue only weeks after submission. I had a CO-OP work permit all along the accidental working which I thought was totally fine. I'm extremely worried and I'm looking to apply for my PR in the meantime. Being on implied status has inhibited my access to resources. Let's hope for the best.

Kay2018

Jan 11, 2018
Newfoundland and Labrador
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-03-2021
Hey guys.. My PGWP was approved for 3 years..
I applied on 23rd November 2019 and got it on 19th Feb 2020..
I worked unauthorized from September to November thinking that my CO-OP visa is enough.. I felt so miserable for the past few months..
Now I can breathe..
Good luck to everyone who are waiting for theirs..

bgpatel

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Hey guys.. My PGWP was approved for 3 years..
I applied on 23rd November 2019 and got it on 19th Feb 2020..
I worked unauthorized from September to November thinking that my CO-OP visa is enough.. I felt so miserable for the past few months..
Now I can breathe..
Good luck to everyone who are waiting for theirs..
@Kay2018 That's good news. Congrats

Sarasrh

Feb 9, 2020
Hi,
Hi every one I just got my work permit approval.
I have submitted a letter of explanation for my unauthorized work after graduation for almost 15 days. I worked full-time on campus.
Hope everyone in this thread get their work permit and also hope all of us let our friends know about these regulations to help them not make the same mistake.

Reactions: baltzly

Longhair

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Congrats! It seems they do forgive minor violations like this if you are honest:) This is really good news!

Hi I am filling my PGWP. Can someone tell me how to fill the PGWP current activity/occupation section since I have to stop working when i receive my uni letter of completion letter? I work partime but stopped working when i receive this letter. Where would my current employment be listed since I am not working due to the rule? Although i am still employed my current activity is not working part time.

Thanks

Akhil Tom Punnoose

Star Member
May 9, 2022
Hello,
Have anyone made this mistake of starting full-time work (while waiting for notice of completion of studies letter from university) but before submitting a PGWP application? What was the result? Does it affect PR application or makes it inadmissible?
DID U GOT PGWP AND PR?