+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Visa Took 9 Weeks and Counting (Read 2 times)

rafidka

Feb 11, 2017
I live in London, United Kingdom. I got a job offer in Vancouver and the company obtained a LMIA for me last December. Then they applied for a work visa for me on the 13th of December. Up until today I haven't heard anything about the visa, even though on CIC website, they say a work visa application from London takes about 3 weeks to be processod.

Is this normal? Why is it taking so long? Or is it just that CIC statistics are very inaccurate?

Or maybe it has to do with the fact that I have an Iraqi passport?

It is also worth mentioning that the LMIA application for me took (roughly) 12-13 weeks, from mid-September to mid-December, even though I heard it takes about 6-8 weeks (so almost double the estimated time).

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your LMIA processing times were normal. Four months is typical these days.

The work permit processing times on the CIC web site are just estimates. Unfortunately it's entirely possible for the process to take significantly longer. Nothing much you can do but wait unfortunately. Good luck.

rafidka

Feb 11, 2017
Thanks, @scylla for your reply.

Putting in mind that I have obtained the LMIA and a company has reviewed and confirmed my application is complete and submitted it on my behalf, is there a chance the work visa could still be rejected?

amy20

Jan 16, 2017
rafidka said:
Thanks, @scylla for your reply.

Putting in mind that I have obtained the LMIA and a company has reviewed and confirmed my application is complete and submitted it on my behalf, is there a chance the work visa could still be rejected?
And since your passport is Iraqi , the processing time depends on that which is Iraq