+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Visa based on Global Talent Stream

siddharth1101

Star Member
May 3, 2018
NOC Code......
Hello All,

My employer applied for a GTS LMIA last week and I hope to receive a positive response soon. I have already started working on the visa application and have a few questions/comments related to the process;

1. I live in the US and therefor exempt from the medical tests, have not traveled in the last year. Can someone confirm?
2. Applying for my wife under the open work permit?
3. My daughter is a US citizen and based on my answers, the application says that I do not need a visa for her, can someone confirm?
4. As soon as I receive the GTS LMIA and link it to my visa application, is it correct to assume that the visa will also be expedited i.e. in 2 weeks?
5a. Assuming all goes well, I want to ship my Car from California to BC, Can someone help with the process? I see conflicting info all over.
5b. How do I ship all my belongings, am I allowed to import my belongings tax free similar to the PR applicants? Can someone help with the process?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello All,

My employer applied for a GTS LMIA last week and I hope to receive a positive response soon. I have already started working on the visa application and have a few questions/comments related to the process;

1. I live in the US and therefor exempt from the medical tests, have not traveled in the last year. Can someone confirm?
2. Applying for my wife under the open work permit?
3. My daughter is a US citizen and based on my answers, the application says that I do not need a visa for her, can someone confirm?
4. As soon as I receive the GTS LMIA and link it to my visa application, is it correct to assume that the visa will also be expedited i.e. in 2 weeks?
5a. Assuming all goes well, I want to ship my Car from California to BC, Can someone help with the process? I see conflicting info all over.
5b. How do I ship all my belongings, am I allowed to import my belongings tax free similar to the PR applicants? Can someone help with the process?
1) Yes - that's correct.
2) Yes - provided your job is NOC A, B or 0 skill level.
3) Correct. However once she is in Canada, you will need to apply to extend her status (likely every six months) to keep her legal in Canada.
4) No - not necessarily. Also note that not all GTS LMIAs are processed within 10 days. Some take several months.
5) Can't help with these questions.

siddharth1101

Star Member
May 3, 2018
NOC Code......
1) Yes - that's correct.
2) Yes - provided your job is NOC A, B or 0 skill level.
3) Correct. However once she is in Canada, you will need to apply to extend her status (likely every six months) to keep her legal in Canada.
4) No - not necessarily. Also note that not all GTS LMIAs are processed within 10 days. Some take several months.
5) Can't help with these questions.
Hi @scylla ,

Thanks for the quick response, I have applied under NOC - 0213.

Can someone help with questions 5a and 5b

Last edited:

samy34178

Nov 28, 2018
From what I checked, you can import car and other things, and you will need to be either shipping by yourself or present at the time of goods crossing the border. For car, I m not sure how much to be paid, for other goods you will just pay around $100 for processing them.

siddharth1101

Star Member
May 3, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi @scylla,

I finally submitted my application for Work Visa based in GTS. On the form 1295e in the Background Info section Question (2C) Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada? I selected Yes and mentioned: PR Express Entry Application - App #E00XXXXXXX. This is an active PR application but since I do not meet the points criteria it's just sitting there. Was there anything else I was supposed to mention?

Thanks!

CanadaVisa45

Feb 1, 2019
Hi Guys,

Have you guys got any update on GTS fo yours ? My employer has filed my GTS NOC 2174 on JAN 14th, and they didn't get any response or interview call so far..Can we verify the status in any which way ? any suggestions ?

sairaman_iyer

May 20, 2019
Dear All,
Can anyone help with list of employers that file GTS Visa please or at least some leads in that category? I'm an IT Project Manager (NOC 0213), an Indian citizen and a Singapore PR keen on migrating to Canada. Many thanks for the help. My EE is active with only 273 points and intent to move primarily to provide a better schooling support for my 9 year old Son mild on the autistic spectrum.