+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work time limination while waiting for PGWP to be approved?

PieceNine

Jul 11, 2022
Hi guys, I have finished my PGWP application on July 1 and am looking for work now. I know that we can work full-time while we are waiting for PGWP to be approved, however, I checked my account last week and found a letter from IRCC saying that:

"This confirms that your application has been received by IRCC on July 01, 2022
Please attach this letter to your present Study permit as proof that you are authorized to work for any employer, in any occupation with no restriction on hours until November 02, 2022 or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first.
This period of work is authorized as per subsection 186(w) of the Immgration and Refugees Protection Regulations."

I am wondering that should I stop working if I don't get my PGWP on Nov.2? Or is there any restriction if I want to keep working after Nov.2 without PGWP? I will have implied status at that time. I haven't got a job offer yet so I am wondering if this will affect my job research.

Thank you all for any advice!!!

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi guys, I have finished my PGWP application on July 1 and am looking for work now. I know that we can work full-time while we are waiting for PGWP to be approved, however, I checked my account last week and found a letter from IRCC saying that:

"This confirms that your application has been received by IRCC on July 01, 2022
Please attach this letter to your present Study permit as proof that you are authorized to work for any employer, in any occupation with no restriction on hours until November 02, 2022 or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first.
This period of work is authorized as per subsection 186(w) of the Immgration and Refugees Protection Regulations."

I am wondering that should I stop working if I don't get my PGWP on Nov.2? Or is there any restriction if I want to keep working after Nov.2 without PGWP? I will have implied status at that time. I haven't got a job offer yet so I am wondering if this will affect my job research.

Thank you all for any advice!!!
You will continue working until you receive decision, simply to say if you dont get decision past Nov 02 you are eligible to continue working..section 186(u)

PieceNine

Jul 11, 2022
You will continue working until you receive decision, simply to say if you dont get decision past Nov 02 you are eligible to continue working..section 186(u)
Thanks for your reply! I read section 186(u) but it describes the condition with an expired work permit. I only have study permit now. Am I still okay to keep working? I am just wondering what I should tell the company if they ask about this date.