+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work requirement after completing last semester and waiting result

priya_98

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Hi,

I have completed my last semester of course and currently awaiting the result followed by transcripts & degree. I need to know if i can work 20 hours (or full time) on my SIN or not.

Students at my college are saying we cannot do any work until transcripts are received that could take up-to 2 months.

Please advise.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
You can work 20 hours a week till you apply for your PGWP. As soon as you apply for your PGWP (which is after getting final transcripts), you can work full time. This assumes that you are eligible for a PGWP.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
You can work part time until your results come out., then you cant work. Once you apply for pgwp you can work full time, provided you applied with a valid study permit and were allowed to work before.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Do you have any cic website link saying this? I just want to be double sure. Thanks
Combination of two things

1. Your study permit remains valid till you get your final transcript - that's why you can work legally 20 hours till your course is deemed complete. Once it's completed, you are not allowed to work UNTIL you submit a PGWP application.
2. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/post-graduation-work-permit-program/permit.html

Right at the bottom - "Work authorization after submitting a PGWP application"