+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permits

Matty

Apr 27, 2009
Hi,

I'm coming from Australia to Canada later this year and am sending off my application for work permit with no prospective employer listed. From what i've found, canadian employers want to see that i'm authorised to work in the country before they commit to any agreement - so there is an awkward middle ground. Am i wrong? A friend of mine left for Canada 2 years ago and didn't write anything on hers - all is well. Does this make sense? Is my application going to get knocked back? I'm not worried just puzzled... At the moment I work in AUS as a Paramedic (FYI)

Thanks for your input!!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Matty said:
Hi,

I'm coming from Australia to Canada later this year and am sending off my application for work permit with no prospective employer listed. From what i've found, canadian employers want to see that i'm authorised to work in the country before they commit to any agreement - so there is an awkward middle ground. Am i wrong? A friend of mine left for Canada 2 years ago and didn't write anything on hers - all is well. Does this make sense? Is my application going to get knocked back? I'm not worried just puzzled... At the moment I work in AUS as a Paramedic (FYI)

Thanks for your input!!
1. Assuming that you are applying for a working holiday visa, then you will just get a letter from Sydney which you present at a Port of Entry to Canada. CBSA will then issue you a two year open work permit which allows you to work at any job, except for food, children, health care. After you enter Canada, you take your work permit and passport to a Service Canada office, and they will issue a S.I.N. which the employer is required to see.

PMM

Matty

Apr 27, 2009
Thank you! I understand this a little more now. Much appreciated, looking foward to it!!!

Matty

Apr 27, 2009
Hi,

Ahh, about health care. My girlfriend is going through the whole nurses registration process and obviously intends on working as a nurse. I guess i'm now interested to know what you know about which visa to apply for if the intention is to work in health care or with children.

Thank you!!!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Matty said:
Hi,

Ahh, about health care. My girlfriend is going through the whole nurses registration process and obviously intends on working as a nurse. I guess i'm now interested to know what you know about which visa to apply for if the intention is to work in health care or with children.

Thank you!!!
If you want to work with children you would require an Immigration Medical, which with the WHP they don't usually request one. You would have to contact Sydney. I think that your girlfriend probably has a job offer in Canada as a nurse and one of the requirements for is a medical and passing the CRNA exam. She probably has a Labour Market Opinion from an employer in Canada.

PMM