+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

wORK PERMIT??

gordonvanxy

Oct 3, 2011
I got a question about my Open post-graduate work permit...

Can I register a company under this permit (Say start my own company, apply for business number and do some trade)? even if I am a temporary resident? ::)

Thanks,

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes. But if you are thinking of applying for PR under CEC, work experience while self employed does not count.

Kerys4

Oct 6, 2011
Hi can we apply for work permit at port of entry? We are UK citizens my husband hopefully will get positive LMO soon, we are coming over with our 2 young daughters. We do not need a visitors visa to enter Canada. :)

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kerys4 said:
Hi can we apply for work permit at port of entry? We are UK citizens my husband hopefully will get positive LMO soon, we are coming over with our 2 young daughters. We do not need a visitors visa to enter Canada. :)
When you arrive in Canada and get to immigration, have your husband show his positive LMO, and contract and request a work permit. You will also want to request an open work permit for you and study permits for your kids if they are in school. This is for a skilled position correct?

Kerys4

Oct 6, 2011
Sorry yes my husband is a skilled worker? Will it be easy enough to rent a house and car when we get to Edmonton? Will £10,000 be sufficient to come over with? Thank you for any response ;)