+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit

taher_92

Jan 26, 2018
Good Afternoon,
I came to Canada as an international student in 2012 and I started school in Regina Saskatchewan. I took ESL and then started my university study in business. I graduate with business admin diploma and I applied for post graduate work permit. it is still valid till September. I have been working in a car dealership since 2015 till present and I do have job offer from my dealership. can I apply for open work permit to extend my stay in Canada once my post graduate work permit expires ?. what are my options to apply for PR in my case?

Thank you !

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Good Afternoon,
I came to Canada as an international student in 2012 and I started school in Regina Saskatchewan. I took ESL and then started my university study in business. I graduate with business admin diploma and I applied for post graduate work permit. it is still valid till September. I have been working in a car dealership since 2015 till present and I do have job offer from my dealership. can I apply for open work permit to extend my stay in Canada once my post graduate work permit expires ?. what are my options to apply for PR in my case?

Thank you !
You will need a approved LMIA in order for you to renew you work permit. Have you thought of applying to SINP?

Reactions: taher_92 and scylla

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
No, you are not eligible for Open Work Permit and PGWP can't be extended. Your employer will need to file for LMIA for you to obtain a work permit. If you have at least 1 year of full-time work experience among other requirements, you can consider applying for PR. You should read the sticky posts in the Express Entry section in this forum to get a better idea about the PR process. Good Luck!

Reactions: taher_92 and scylla

taher_92

Jan 26, 2018
You will need a approved LMIA in order for you to renew you work permit. Have you thought of applying to SINP?
first, thank you very much for taking the time. I have been thinking about applying for SINP but I am a sales consultant and I do not think its going to help me for my SINP

taher_92

Jan 26, 2018
No, you are not eligible for Open Work Permit and PGWP can't be extended. Your employer will need to file for LMIA for you to obtain a work permit. If you have at least 1 year of full-time work experience among other requirements, you can consider applying for PR. You should read the sticky posts in the Express Entry section in this forum to get a better idea about the PR process. Good Luck!
first, thank you very much for taking the time. Do you think I should apply for SINP OR express entry?

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
first, thank you very much for taking the time. I have been thinking about applying for SINP but I am a sales consultant and I do not think its going to help me for my SINP
If your education degree matches your job, then you can apply under the student category. A business degree would certainly match a sales consultant position.

Reactions: taher_92

taher_92

Jan 26, 2018
If your education degree matches your job, then you can apply under the student category. A business degree would certainly match a sales consultant position.
To apply for SINP, the job position has to be either level 0,B,A and I think sales consultant is not one of them.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
To apply for SINP, the job position has to be either level 0,B,A and I think sales consultant is not one of them.
The student category doesn't need to be a skilled job. The job needs to match your education and you must have 6 months of work experience.

See list of requirements below

You may qualify in this sub-category if:

• You've graduated from a recognized post-secondary educational institution in Saskatchewan with:
    • A certificate;
    • A diploma; or
    • A degree.
  • You've worked for a minimum of 6 months (or 960 hours) of paid employment in Saskatchewan.
    • Eligible types of work experience in Saskatchewan include:
    • On- campus;
    • Off-campus;
    • Co-op terms;
    • Graduate fellowships that can be verified by your institution; and
    • Work experience gained on a post-graduate work permit.
  • You've applied for and received a valid post-graduation work permit from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
  • You have a current, permanent, full-time job offer in your field of study from a Saskatchewan employer. The job should be:
    • In an occupation in the National Occupation Classification (NOC) Matrix level "A", "B", "0" or
    • In a designated trade, or
    • A job offer that is related to your field of study and requires post-secondary education.
      • Food and Beverage Servers/Persons must apply under the Hospitality Sector Project sub-category.
  • You have a valid SINP Job Approval Letter.
  • You must have a minimum language score of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4 if your job offer is in a NOC "C" occupation.

You can confirm this with SINP because that what I understand from the statement.

taher_92

Jan 26, 2018
The student category doesn't need to be a skilled job. The job needs to match your education and you must have 6 months of work experience.

See list of requirements below

You may qualify in this sub-category if:

• You've graduated from a recognized post-secondary educational institution in Saskatchewan with:
    • A certificate;
    • A diploma; or
    • A degree.
  • You've worked for a minimum of 6 months (or 960 hours) of paid employment in Saskatchewan.
    • Eligible types of work experience in Saskatchewan include:
    • On- campus;
    • Off-campus;
    • Co-op terms;
    • Graduate fellowships that can be verified by your institution; and
    • Work experience gained on a post-graduate work permit.
  • You've applied for and received a valid post-graduation work permit from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
  • You have a current, permanent, full-time job offer in your field of study from a Saskatchewan employer. The job should be:
    • In an occupation in the National Occupation Classification (NOC) Matrix level "A", "B", "0" or
    • In a designated trade, or
    • A job offer that is related to your field of study and requires post-secondary education.
      • Food and Beverage Servers/Persons must apply under the Hospitality Sector Project sub-category.
  • You have a valid SINP Job Approval Letter.
  • You must have a minimum language score of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4 if your job offer is in a NOC "C" occupation.

You can confirm this with SINP because that what I understand from the statement.
that is actually interesting I will double check on that. as if what I know with sales consultant position I am going to have hard time getting SINP job approval letter. your help is much appreciated!

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
that is actually interesting I will double check on that. as if what I know with sales consultant position I am going to have hard time getting SINP job approval letter. your help is much appreciated!
If your current job doesn't work out, you still have time till September to find a new job. The 6 months work experience doesn't mean you must have done 6 months at one job. The 6 months can be many jobs but experience total together is 6 months.

Once you found a new job that can help you file a SINP job approval letter, you can submit your application for SINP and apply for PR once its approved. You will also get a work permit support letter with SINP.

taher_92

Jan 26, 2018
If your current job doesn't work out, you still have time till September to find a new job. The 6 months work experience doesn't mean you must have done 6 months at one job. The 6 months can be many jobs but experience total together is 6 months.

Once you found a new job that can help you file a SINP job approval letter, you can submit your application for SINP and apply for PR once its approved. You will also get a work permit support letter with SINP.
Thank you very much for your help!