+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit

sypnicole

Oct 22, 2012
alisheng said:
if u are in hongkong what are the requirdments for the work permit thanks
Hi

I from HK as well. I Wondering have you ever apply Working holiday Visa instead of work permit?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Not everybody can apply for WHV. Only citizens of certain countries can, with age restrictions and some other requirements.

sypnicole said:
Hi

I from HK as well. I Wondering have you ever apply Working holiday Visa instead of work permit?

Rajaryan

Jul 6, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
15-08-2013
AOR Received.
21-10-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
10-11-2013
Med's Done....
23-06-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
In Canada on TFW
To be eligible for the Working Holiday category you must:

be between the ages of 18 and 30 inclusive at the time your application is received. Your application must be stamped as received by the High Commission of Canada to the UK on or after your 18th birthday, and before your 31st birthday;
be a citizen of the United Kingdom and be able to demonstrate habitual residency (i.e. physically living) in the UK for at least three years directly prior to your application to the IEC;
be holding a UK passport that remains valid throughout the period of stay in Canada. When the work permit is issued in Canada, it will not be longer than the validity of the passport.
be in possession of a departure ticket leaving Canada at the end of your authorized period of stay or sufficient financial resources to purchase such a ticket;
have the equivalent of C$2,500. to help cover expenses at the beginning of your stay, for the first 3 months of the stay;
accept to purchase, prior to entering Canada, insurance for medical and health-care, including hospitalization and repatriation, for the duration of your stay – you may have to present evidence of this insurance when you enter Canada;
pay a participation fee when prompted to do so by the High Commission of Canada to the UK in London.