+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Support Letter : BC PNP

mobilebird

Mar 2, 2013
So my PG work permit is set to expire soon and want to apply for an extension. I'm currently nominated by BC PNP under Strategic Occupations category and work for a company based in BC. Now to get a new work permit after being nominated, according to the BC PNP website, I will be provided a with a Work Permit Support Letter by the BC PNP and I can then submit the same to CIC. Now my question is: will the new work permit be an open work permit that will allow me to any employer in BC? or will it only allow me for my current employer who nominated me? I do not know what the work permit support letter looks so if anyone can let me know this, it would be great. Thanks a ton.

roadtocanada2014

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
mobilebird said:
So my PG work permit is set to expire soon and want to apply for an extension. I'm currently nominated by BC PNP under Strategic Occupations category and work for a company based in BC. Now to get a new work permit after being nominated, according to the BC PNP website, I will be provided a with a Work Permit Support Letter by the BC PNP and I can then submit the same to CIC. Now my question is: will the new work permit be an open work permit that will allow me to any employer in BC? or will it only allow me for my current employer who nominated me? I do not know what the work permit support letter looks so if anyone can let me know this, it would be great. Thanks a ton.
If you have already applied for PR and its been more then 4 months, you can directly apply for a Brdging Open work permit. However, If you wish to apply for work permit based on the support letter from PNP it will be a closed one and tied to one employer only. Either ways, I would suggest to keep working for the same company until you land !!

Many Thanks and I hope this helps

mobilebird

Mar 2, 2013
Thanks a lot for your reply. I will go with the BOWP route. Seems like a nicer option. The job change is necessary is because I really don't like my current job and I'm getting a better one in the same field, which is technology in case you are curious.

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
I contacted BC PnP late last fall by email, requesting a work permit support letter. They responded that they longer do this anymore.

Perhaps I asked in the wrong way? Is their answer correct.