+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit restoration upon receiving nomination?

butters1690

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
Hi guys,

My PGWP is expiring July 9th, 2016 and I will be submitting my OINP Human Capital Priorities Stream application package this week (hopefully by February 16). I know it takes a while for the whole process (to receive an AOR and eventually hopefully get the nomination). My questions are:

1. If my work permit expires and I receive a nomination sometime after July 9th, 2016, will I be eligible to apply to restore my work permit? This is of course, assuming that I will receive a nomination within the 90 days of my work permit expiration date. Is this something that is allowed by CIC? Is the nomination letter enough documentation to restore my status as a worker?

2. If I were to switch my worker status to a visitor status BEFORE the date that my work permit expires, will I be able to re-apply for a work permit when I receive the nomination letter?

Has anyone been in a similar situation and if so, what did you do?

Please help if you have any information or thoughts on this! Thank you very much.

jain_pri

Sep 18, 2015
butters1690 said:
Hi guys,

My PGWP is expiring July 9th, 2016 and I will be submitting my OINP Human Capital Priorities Stream application package this week (hopefully by February 16). I know it takes a while for the whole process (to receive an AOR and eventually hopefully get the nomination). My questions are:

1. If my work permit expires and I receive a nomination sometime after July 9th, 2016, will I be eligible to apply to restore my work permit? This is of course, assuming that I will receive a nomination within the 90 days of my work permit expiration date. Is this something that is allowed by CIC? Is the nomination letter enough documentation to restore my status as a worker?

2. If I were to switch my worker status to a visitor status BEFORE the date that my work permit expires, will I be able to re-apply for a work permit when I receive the nomination letter?

Has anyone been in a similar situation and if so, what did you do?

Please help if you have any information or thoughts on this! Thank you very much.

I called up CIC and they said that once you get your nomination, you can apply for restoration of work permit. I am in a similar situation and my WP is expiring tomorrow. I am applying for visitor visa today.