+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit renewal after 24 months

nnaeiluj0918

Nov 10, 2008
I am under LCP and immigration issued me a pretty precised 2 years working permit ( to some they are giving them 3 months allowance). I only worked for one employer so my work permit expires the same date as my 24th month. Question, Do I need to renew another LCP work permit first before I apply for PR status? Or can I apply open permit instead of renewing it?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can apply for an open permit at the same time you apply for PR. Better to call CIC and ask though. Otherwise when you send in your PR application and OWP application after 24 months, you have no job until they have processed your OWP.

taurus083

Mar 30, 2014
open work permit no status for my spouse

Hi,

can anybody advice me in regards to my situation, thanks in advance.

I just have a valid work permit (but didn't receive the copy of the LMO confirmation since service canada did an audit of the company i'm working with) which is very unusual since CIC approved my work permit application.

Now, my wife is with open work permit but her work permit expired last nov 2013 and because i wasn't able to renew or apply for restoration within 90 days her work permit application was refused (though I applied her together with mine)

Technically my wife is no status in canada, is there any way I can apply her work permit from outside canada (new york consulate) even she is still her in canada illegally? Its just that she give birth last year and Im afraid to send her home with my daughter (canadian citizen), because nobody will takes care of my daughter once I will let go home.

I'm worried that the longer we wait the higher the risk and might jeopardize my PR application.

Please advise of what is the best thing to do, for her to have a work permit and be here legally.

Regards,
TAURUS083

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Re: open work permit no status for my spouse

taurus083 said:
Technically my wife is no status in canada, is there any way I can apply her work permit from outside canada (new york consulate) even she is still her in canada illegally? Its just that she give birth last year and Im afraid to send her home with my daughter (canadian citizen), because nobody will takes care of my daughter once I will let go home.
No - there is no way you can restore her status while she is in Canada. She's been here too long and is way past the 90 period for restoration of status. If she wants to restore her status she will have to leave Canada.