+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit refused and reconsideration of Work Permit

Flyfa

Star Member
Sep 27, 2021
Hi, no I am still waiting for it. I applied for reconsideration 4.2.2022 and still waiting, what number did you call for enquires at IRCC. Can you share thanks
18882422100 .. call them around 7.59 am that’s the only way u can connect them, at 8 am I was like having 59 min waiting .. did you get any mail from them? That the officer received ur reconsideration request?

Reactions: DesiPikachu

Paak

Mar 21, 2022
18882422100 .. call them around 7.59 am that’s the only way u can connect them, at 8 am I was like having 59 min waiting .. did you get any mail from them? That the officer received ur reconsideration request?
Thank you for the number, yeah I did get a confirmation email the next day after I applied.

Reactions: Flyfa

Flyfa

Star Member
Sep 27, 2021
Hey guys,

Just want to share my experience which could help someone.

After completing my M.Sc in Computer Science from the University of Regina, I applied for my PGWP on 1st September 2021.
I waited for almost 5 months and got a rejection on 6th February 2022. As a refusal reason, they mentioned that "I have not maintained the full-time student status throughout my course in Canada". However, I have fulfilled all the requirements for a full-time student including the co-op program. So, I considered this mistake as a misunderstanding of the officer.

As a result of this situation, I had to resign from my field job as well as my part-time job immediately. To be honest with you, it was a very depressing time and I felt totally blank. Thanks to my family and friends who supported me throughout this period.

Apart from this, I went to my university and explained my situation to the director of International Studies who wrote a letter on behalf of the university which contained proof of my full-time study. Moreover, I also contacted a well-known lawyer in my city who helped me to write an explanation letter. I applied for reconsideration as well as for re-apply with the university's letter and lawyer's letter attached on 11 February 2022.

Luckily, around one month, I got approval for my old [reconsideration] application on 15th March 2022.
I am also in same situation, do u know which location was it? Mine was Edmonton , and once u apply for reconsideration did u receive any mail saying ur document has been received? I did not receive anything . Plz suggest your experience thanks .. I was rejected saying my school is not approved which is not true , so I have applied for reconsideration on 16th march but till now did not receive anything ..

Flyfa

Star Member
Sep 27, 2021
It’s really hard to get a hold of them at this number , I always try at 7.59 then only I get connected to them
Hitesh was your reconsideration center Edmonton? Just asking bcoz Edmonton is mine , and I am bit nervous they read reconsideration letter or no due to this refugess backlog. I did not receive any email from them it’s been almost 24 days since I applied. And when I called ircc number they said they did not receive any of my webform , I am not sure how it works , but it’s all luck base as well I guess

Hitesh9669

Mar 19, 2022
Hitesh was your reconsideration center Edmonton? Just asking bcoz Edmonton is mine , and I am bit nervous they read reconsideration letter or no due to this refugess backlog. I did not receive any email from them it’s been almost 24 days since I applied. And when I called ircc number they said they did not receive any of my webform , I am not sure how it works , but it’s all luck base as well I guess
No, My reconsideration location was regina.

Hitesh9669

Mar 19, 2022
No, My reconsideration location was regina.
As per my knowledge, it takes 28 days to receive a web form.

Flyfa

Star Member
Sep 27, 2021
Hey bro did u get any reply?
As per my knowledge, it takes 28 days to receive a web form.
Like once u applied the first mail u got from cic of receiving ur webform was how much duration? And how long did it take them to confirm after they opened ur file? I applied on 16th March and have not received anything, I called cic , they said they have not received any web forms from my lawyer yet, it's been almost 21 days now, we're does my webform goes if they did not receive anything ,like once they get webform how long time does it take? We have already sent 2 time webform

Flyfa

Star Member
Sep 27, 2021
Hi, I think your case is different from my. If your school is part of the DLI, then it was a mistake from the officer. If so, then you can get approved very soon. I am waiting for 2 months now since I applied for reconsideration.
Did you get ur response ?

Susana11

Dec 9, 2019
I have applied on March 13th for restoration of open work permit still no response.
I got my refusal letter from Edmonton.
I am so tensed now.