+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit refused and reconsideration of Work Permit

Hitesh9669

Mar 19, 2022
Hey guys,

Just want to share my experience which could help someone.

After completing my M.Sc in Computer Science from the University of Regina, I applied for my PGWP on 1st September 2021.
I waited for almost 5 months and got a rejection on 6th February 2022. As a refusal reason, they mentioned that "I have not maintained the full-time student status throughout my course in Canada". However, I have fulfilled all the requirements for a full-time student including the co-op program. So, I considered this mistake as a misunderstanding of the officer.

As a result of this situation, I had to resign from my field job as well as my part-time job immediately. To be honest with you, it was a very depressing time and I felt totally blank. Thanks to my family and friends who supported me throughout this period.

Apart from this, I went to my university and explained my situation to the director of International Studies who wrote a letter on behalf of the university which contained proof of my full-time study. Moreover, I also contacted a well-known lawyer in my city who helped me to write an explanation letter. I applied for reconsideration as well as for re-apply with the university's letter and lawyer's letter attached on 11 February 2022.

Luckily, around one month, I got approval for my old [reconsideration] application on 15th March 2022.

Paak

Mar 21, 2022
Hey guys,

Just want to share my experience which could help someone.

After completing my M.Sc in Computer Science from the University of Regina, I applied for my PGWP on 1st September 2021.
I waited for almost 5 months and got a rejection on 6th February 2022. As a refusal reason, they mentioned that "I have not maintained the full-time student status throughout my course in Canada". However, I have fulfilled all the requirements for a full-time student including the co-op program. So, I considered this mistake as a misunderstanding of the officer.

As a result of this situation, I had to resign from my field job as well as my part-time job immediately. To be honest with you, it was a very depressing time and I felt totally blank. Thanks to my family and friends who supported me throughout this period.

Apart from this, I went to my university and explained my situation to the director of International Studies who wrote a letter on behalf of the university which contained proof of my full-time study. Moreover, I also contacted a well-known lawyer in my city who helped me to write an explanation letter. I applied for reconsideration as well as for re-apply with the university's letter and lawyer's letter attached on 11 February 2022.

Luckily, around one month, I got approval for my old [reconsideration] application on 15th March 2022.
Congrats, I had the same issue, I am still waiting for a response from IRCC. I applied for restoration with a letter from the school but not with a lawyer.

I applied on 4.2.2022 and still waiting. Did you call or send a web form or call for inquiries?

Hitesh9669

Mar 19, 2022
Congrats, I had the same issue, I am still waiting for a response from IRCC. I applied for restoration with a letter from the school but not with a lawyer.

I applied on 4.2.2022 and still waiting. Did you call or send a web form or call for inquiries?
Sorry to hear about that and you will definitely get it soon.
To answer to your question, Yes, I have attached few web forms with my old application such as University Letter and Explanation Letter.

Reactions: Paak

Flyfa

Star Member
Sep 27, 2021
To answer to your question, Yes, I have attached few web forms with my old application such as University Letter and Explanation Letter.
Did you get any response could you plz share your time line ? And how does it work? I have got rejected on march 6th and applied for reconsideration on march 13 .. I am waiting too, they rejected me saying my school is not approved for pgwp, we’re as my school is fully approved it’s principal air we have i number , and it’s one of the best flying school in Canada and 100 of people already got , I don’t know y I was rejected , and I was rejected after waiting for 11 months so now I can’t do anything like flag polling or anything , I have applied for reconsideration through lawyer will I get any update or lawyer?plz suggest .

Paak

Mar 21, 2022
Did you get any response could you plz share your time line ? And how does it work? I have got rejected on march 6th and applied for reconsideration on march 13 .. I am waiting too, they rejected me saying my school is not approved for pgwp, we’re as my school is fully approved it’s principal air we have i number , and it’s one of the best flying school in Canada and 100 of people already got , I don’t know y I was rejected , and I was rejected after waiting for 11 months so now I can’t do anything like flag polling or anything , I have applied for reconsideration through lawyer will I get any update or lawyer?plz suggest .

Paak

Mar 21, 2022
Hi, I think your case is different from my. If your school is part of the DLI, then it was a mistake from the officer. If so, then you can get approved very soon. I am waiting for 2 months now since I applied for reconsideration.

Flyfa

Star Member
Sep 27, 2021
Hi, I think your case is different from my. If your school is part of the DLI, then it was a mistake from the officer. If so, then you can get approved very soon. I am waiting for 2 months now since I applied for reconsideration.
What I have heared from people is officer doesn’t take file sometime , they don’t read our reconsideration request ..

Flyfa

Star Member
Sep 27, 2021
Did you get any response a
What I have heared from people is officer doesn’t take file sometime , they don’t read our reconsideration request ..
fter you apply for reconsideration? Like did they forwarded your application? Men if the officer won’t open file then also we r out ..

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
DLI doesn’t mean school is approved. You need to look at the schools that qualify for PGWP.

Flyfa

Star Member
Sep 27, 2021
My school is approved for pgwp as well..
I just checked it does offer pgwp as well I have applied for reconsideration 2 weeks ago no response also yet.. hate to be in this situation. My many friend got the wp

Flyfa

Star Member
Sep 27, 2021

Did u get any web form update? I have sent web form on 15th march no update for me , wbu?

Flyfa

Star Member
Sep 27, 2021
Hie hitesh , I would like to ask, my lawyer applied for me for reconsideration on march 15 after that I didn not receive any mail from ircc not even confirmation mail, I got my refusal that my school is not approve for pgwp, weaeas it’s approve on website , just want to ask, once you apply for your reconsideration did you get any mail of confirmation? I called ircc number they told me that they did not receive any web form yet, it’s been almost 3 week past, I am confused. Plz guide thanks

Flyfa

Star Member
Sep 27, 2021
Hie bro did you get any response? I am just worried if officer even see our reconsideration request. I have heared sometime they don’t even bother to read

Paak

Mar 21, 2022
Hie bro did you get any response? I am just worried if officer even see our reconsideration request. I have heared sometime they don’t even bother to read
Hi, no I am still waiting for it. I applied for reconsideration 4.2.2022 and still waiting, what number did you call for enquires at IRCC. Can you share thanks