+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Refusal - SINP Nominee

WelderCSR

Sep 23, 2021
Does anyone know the reason why I got the refusal message:

You have not demonstrated that you come within the exceptions under section 186 of the
IRPR exempting you from the requirement to obtain a work permit or that your employment in
Canada comes within the exceptions to section 203 of the IRPR. As a result, your offer of
employment must be the subject of an economic effect determination before a work permit can be
issued to you. Your employer in Canada should contact the local office of the Department of
Employment and Social Development Canada to begin this process.

My work is not under the first section 186 of IRPR as I am skilled worker, welder. Section 203 of IRPR is more of obtaining LMIA but being a provincial nominee of Saskatchewan, my employer is excempt from obtaining an LMIA?

Can anyone help me understand why I was refused? Thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Your employer has to contact IRCC. Assume you included the Certificate of Registration/SINP job approval letter. What was the NOC and SINP stream.

WelderCSR

Sep 23, 2021
Just an update. After the refusal, I asked my employer about the missing documents and they provided it to me and I reapplied for work permit mid April.

Got approved now and passport request earlier last week.

Reactions: Miracle2018

Somya1103

Aug 9, 2022
  • You have not demonstrated that you come within the exceptions under section 186 of the IRPR exempting you from the requirement to obtain a work permit or that your employment in Canada comes within the exceptions to section 203 of the IRPR. As a result, your offer of employment must be the subject of an economic effect determination before a work permit can be issued to you. Your employer in Canada should contact the local office of the Department of Employment and Social Development Canada to begin this process.
  • You have not provided satisfactory documentation to show that your knowledge is highly specialized or more advanced that any others using the same tools and therefore do not meet the requirements for a C12 Intra Company Transferee work permit – R205(a)
I have received the above reasons for refusal of ICT. The employer says its general refusal whenever officer is not convinced with the information provided with regard to ICT specialized knowledge. Each application is being assessed based on the specialized knowledge pertaining to company’s proprietary tools, technologies and its application at onsite by employee. Also it will be assessed on the basis of that how employee has used such tools in various projects in past. Please note that all applications are subjective and officer can refuse application based on his discretion.

My friend had a similiar application and her VISA got through then why not mine, Can anyone help ?