+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Refusal after WPSL from BC nomination program

ezet2

Dec 3, 2016
Hello experts,

I really need advice ass my PGWP is expiring in 2 months. I applied for extension and got refusal siting no LIMA exempt former and offer of employment . I applied with my nomination certificate, work permit support letter from BC PNP and job offer from my company NOC 2243 .

Please, can someone tell me how to go about my next application.

Thanks in anticipation.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
The following link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=177&top=17

as well as the CIC Q/A to choose work permit eligibility clearly tells you that having a PNP alone doesn't make you eligible for an open work permit.

However, having a PNP should easily qualify you for PR. Likely if you submit an express entry profile today, you would score enough points to be invited for submitting PR application in the next draw, which would at max be 1 month away.

Once you submit a PR application, you can apply for Open work permit (specific to this situation is called Bridging open work permit), even along with (i.e. at the same time as your) PR application.

ezet2

Dec 3, 2016
I have already applied for my PR via paper application like a 3 weeks ago and do not have a file number yet.

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think that the issue is that you applied for an extension to your PGWP.

I got BC PNP nomination and the support letter and applied for and received and open work permit no problem.

ezet2

Dec 3, 2016
ozlis, thanks for your response. I applied for extension actually. What should have applied for?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
ezet2 said:
ozlis, thanks for your response. I applied for extension actually. What should have applied for?
Bridging open work permit

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

sedsum

Star Member
Dec 7, 2019
I think that the issue is that you applied for an extension to your PGWP.

I got BC PNP nomination and the support letter and applied for and received and open work permit no problem.
So you didn't have to submit the file number?

The link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/provincial-nominees-permanent-resident-applicants/bridging-open-work-permits.html

says;

have completed one of the following APR stages:
  • electronic application for permanent residence (e-APR) submitted under Express Entry has passed the section 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) completeness check; or
  • receipt of a positive eligibility assessment on their paper APR submitted by mail under one of the economic classes above
Under the Eligibility Parameter section.