+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Package For In Canada Sponsorship

Varunsaini

Oct 13, 2016
Hello

Me and my spouse and almost done with completing our in Canada sponsorship
Can someone help me with which forms to use to apply for open work permit.
Do i send both the packages together?

Thank You

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Varunsaini said:
Hello

Me and my spouse and almost done with completing our in Canada sponsorship
Can someone help me with which forms to use to apply for open work permit.
Do i send both the packages together?

Thank You
You need this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

When you fill the forms out, leave the employer and intended occupation fields empty and the type of work permit is "Open Work Permit". Include your marriage certificate, and if you have already done the medical, include a copy of the eMedical (there is a list of countries where they require medicals from -- if you don't supply it, they may place a restriction on the OWP that states the holder cannot work with kids, the eldery (or anyone who is vulnerable).

Include the fee payment receipt. You will pay this online. $100 for the Work Permit Application, $155 for the Open Work Permit Holder fee.

Best of luck!

Varunsaini

Oct 13, 2016
profiler said:
When you fill the forms out, leave the employer and intended occupation fields empty and the type of work permit is "Open Work Permit". Include your marriage certificate, and if you have already done the medical, include a copy of the eMedical (there is a list of countries where they require medicals from -- if you don't supply it, they may place a restriction on the OWP that states the holder cannot work with kids, the eldery (or anyone who is vulnerable).

Include the fee payment receipt. You will pay this online. $100 for the Work Permit Application, $155 for the Open Work Permit Holder fee.

Best of luck!

Thank You for the quick reply i had a question i don't have marriage certificate yet it might take over a month to come can i send the application without it

Thank You

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Varunsaini said:
Thank You for the quick reply i had a question i don't have marriage certificate yet it might take over a month to come can i send the application without it

Thank You
You're welcome to try. I wouldn't but if you send with a PR app they may still allow it.

Hello_123

Nov 5, 2016
I believe this is what you're looking for (the last paragraph)...

cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2015-12-11

"If you are submitting a new application under the SCLPC class, you may submit a work permit application at the same time as your sponsorship application, along with an application for permanent residence, under the SCLPC class. You must include the appropriate fees, and send all completed applications together to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga."

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Varunsaini said:

Thank You
You should not send your application without the marriage certificate. There is a good chance it would be returned as incomplete.