+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit not processing since May 2020, any idea how long it may take

rajb239

Jul 17, 2020
I submitted my work permit application under BC PNP skilled worker program for a Vancouver based company on May 7, 2020. Since the system already has my biometric (I have a valid tourist visa) it immediately assigned to it. I applied open wp for my wife, study permit for my 12 years daughter, and tourist visa for my 2 yrs son with my same application. Since then the applications have not been progressed and it shows we are reviewing your application as status. I applied from India.

Any idea how long it might take as my present company won't extend the job offer beyond September and couldn't resign in my present company in India as I don't see any progress in my file. Anyone can help me to understand in this scenario how long generally the processing may take? Anyone got their WP approved recently?

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
It is not unusual for WP applications to take 4 or 5 months under current conditions. You're not in a unique situation and there is likely nothing you can do to accelerate the process.

Jul 18, 2020
I'm a security personal with the federal Government of Nigeria,I'm a holder of Bachelor's of science degree in mass communication; I will like to migrate to Canada through permanent residency permit, get a job,settle and further my studies specifically masters in strategic communication. I will like to have general knowledge on what I need to commence the process thanks

SS.AWS

Dec 30, 2020
I submitted my work permit application under BC PNP skilled worker program for a Vancouver based company on May 7, 2020. Since the system already has my biometric (I have a valid tourist visa) it immediately assigned to it. I applied open wp for my wife, study permit for my 12 years daughter, and tourist visa for my 2 yrs son with my same application. Since then the applications have not been progressed and it shows we are reviewing your application as status. I applied from India.

Any idea how long it might take as my present company won't extend the job offer beyond September and couldn't resign in my present company in India as I don't see any progress in my file. Anyone can help me to understand in this scenario how long generally the processing may take? Anyone got their WP approved recently?
Hello there,

Did you get the WP Approval? I am into same situation. I received, job offer but wanted to know, how long does it take to receive work permit so we can accordingly resign from my current company and move to BC.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello there,

Did you get the WP Approval? I am into same situation. I received, job offer but wanted to know, how long does it take to receive work permit so we can accordingly resign from my current company and move to BC.
Processing times are very long right now. Which country are you located in?