Work Permit is still valid till May of 2010 but Working Visa is Expired

neochan

Star Member
Feb 22, 2009
California
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear BCguy, Leon and PMM,

A friend of mine has a valid work permit till May 01, 2010 but his Working Visa is already expired, what will be the effect on his status as a foreign worker. Is it still legal for him to continue to work or does he needs to extend or renew his working visa? He is working as a Housekeeping Attendant in a hotel in Edmonton, Alberta.

Please help for possible options....

Thanks,

Neo

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

neochan said:
Dear BCguy, Leon and PMM,

A friend of mine has a valid work permit till May 01, 2010 but his Working Visa is already expired, what will be the effect on his status as a foreign worker. Is it still legal for him to continue to work or does he needs to extend or renew his working visa? He is working as a Housekeeping Attendant in a hotel in Edmonton, Alberta.

Please help for possible options....

Thanks,

Neo
1. I am assuming you mean his TRV has expired while his work permit is still valid.
2. it means that he would have to get a new TRV if he left Canada to re-enter (other than St. Pierre & Miguelon ) He can continue to work.
3. So if he wants a new TRV, he applies, by mail, to the closest Canadian office in the US. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions.asp and follow their instructions on their web site.

PMM

smiling face

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CANADIAN EMBASSY MANILA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 5, 2010
Doc's Request.
August 12, 2010
Nomination.....
September 8, 2010
AOR Received.
November 2, 2010
Med's Request
May 9, 2011
Med's Done....
May 19, 2011 and May 26, 2011
Passport Req..
waiting
where is the right place to file the extension for work permit visa "temporary visa"
can it be applied INSIDE CANADA or OUTSIDE CANADA.....what is the difference..

mznutcracker

Apr 16, 2009
hi there,

Im a bit confused with your question? do you mean a work permit or a temporary resident
visa(TRV).?..i ts a two different thing.

habib890

Mar 30, 2008
smiling face said:
where is the right place to file the extension for work permit visa "temporary visa"
can it be applied INSIDE CANADA or OUTSIDE CANADA.....what is the difference..
- He has to send his application outside of Canada to a Canadian High Commission or consulate for a new Temporary Recidence Visa (TRV). It is not called work permit visa. This TRV is required to travel in and out Canada.
- Depending on his location in Canada he can find a Canadian consulate. For example, Buffalo, Seattle.
- Download and fill out the appropriate forms fill our, add documents and the copy of the valid work permit.

smiling face

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CANADIAN EMBASSY MANILA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 5, 2010
Doc's Request.
August 12, 2010
Nomination.....
September 8, 2010
AOR Received.
November 2, 2010
Med's Request
May 9, 2011
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
waiting
hi again..... how come in case i already submitted my working visa extension in vegreville (inside canada) and once they refused my application for extension.... what am i going to do? (my recent working visa will expire very soon). Do i need to go back to my country or can i apply (outside canadian office in the US ex. Buffalo / Seattle)?
by the way where can i see the status of my Temporary Resident Visa (is that based on the stamp on my passport when I just arrived in vancouver)? Need your advice (albertagoverner/Leon, etc.) the soonest time..thank you so much

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

smiling face said:
hi again..... how come in case i already submitted my working visa extension in vegreville (inside canada) and once they refused my application for extension.... what am i going to do? (my recent working visa will expire very soon). Do i need to go back to my country or can i apply (outside canadian office in the US ex. Buffalo / Seattle)?
by the way where can i see the status of my Temporary Resident Visa (is that based on the stamp on my passport when I just arrived in vancouver)? Need your advice (albertagoverner/Leon, etc.) the soonest time..thank you so much
If you apply for an extension and are refused, you go home.

PMM

smiling face

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CANADIAN EMBASSY MANILA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 5, 2010
Doc's Request.
August 12, 2010
Nomination.....
September 8, 2010
AOR Received.
November 2, 2010
Med's Request
May 9, 2011
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
waiting
probably if there is really no more way to file it in here then i need to leave canada for that matter.......
many thanks.......actually we have the same understanding on this issue, well just want a second opinion