+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Extension while PR in process

edong

Jan 4, 2011
Hi Guys,

Were you able to file for your new LMO, I guess there is no fee in getting a new LMO (Am I correct as long as all the documents needed will be provided by our employers).

How long will it take for the new LMO to be processed, I guess there is a 2 week advertisement.

Kindly let me know if you guys already filed for new LMO and then renewing your WP.

edong

Jan 4, 2011
edong said:
Hi Guys,

Were you able to file for your new LMO, I guess there is no fee in getting a new LMO (Am I correct as long as all the documents needed will be provided by our employers).

How long will it take for the new LMO to be processed, I guess there is a 2 week advertisement.

Kindly let me know if you guys already filed for new LMO and then renewing your WP.

Any updates guys if you were able to get a new LMO and then eventually renewing work permit.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
My employer received the positive LMO in late December, and I got my new work permit at the border (when I returned from vacation in the US after New Years). (Most cannot get it from the border, only those from Visa exempt countries can do that).

If you have questions about LMO processing times, you have to tell us where you are.... they vary by province and by city.

edong

Jan 4, 2011
jes_ON said:
My employer received the positive LMO in late December, and I got my new work permit at the border (when I returned from vacation in the US after New Years). (Most cannot get it from the border, only those from Visa exempt countries can do that).

If you have questions about LMO processing times, you have to tell us where you are.... they vary by province and by city.
Unfortunately I am not from a VISA exempt country. I am in Alberta and my WP will expire in May 2011. I only have less than 4 months to apply for new LMO (same employer) and work permit.

Will it still be possible to get both without being in the implied status.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
edong said:
Will it still be possible to get both without being in the implied status.
Yes, it should be possible, if your employer starts NOW :)