+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit expiring, OINP application in process

Fabiog

Mar 22, 2017
You can change your status to visitor .
Hi what are your thoughts on this:

I have similar issue where im working to get 9 experience (in-demand stream) on a 12 month work permit so I probably wont get NOI and nominations until my wp expires.
So from what You posted above it seems i can apply for visitor record while waiting for my nomination. Then apply for a work permit with work permit letter and hopefully start working for my employer within 10 months.

but also what if my work permit expires before I get NOI will my employer require advertising?

Employers must demonstrate that reasonable efforts were made to recruit a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident prior to offering the position to the applicant, unless:

• the applicant already has a valid work permit to work in Ontario Mine will have expired
  • the employer has a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) for the position
If the applicant already has a valid work permit to work in Ontario, the employer does not also need to provide a positive LMIA.

Pat24

Sep 7, 2024
Thankyou so much for your help and guidance. I will put in an email to OINP to speed up the process and also when I apply for the extension I will attach screenshot for the OINP nomination requirements and my status of in process with a letter attached explaining my situation all together. I much appreciate your help. :D