Category........
Visa Office......
DUBAI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Where in the same boat waiting for decision I also submitted adtnl document confirmation of employment letter.

thursd

Apr 12, 2020
My work permit application was submitted early June (from US) and I completed the biometric early July. I see that people who applied from US who got their biometric completed later in July are getting approvals. Perhaps this is based on the order of submitting application, rather than the completed application (after biometric completion)? I hope they're getting to my application soon. I've been waiting for months and getting restless.

A friend of mine told me that his friend applied for and then got his work permit (temporary) at a port of entry, I think, in Toronto. Does anybody know if you can do that after submitting application online (and then completed biometrics)?

Also, I see that people are getting 'biometric validity' letter - I didn't get this but I see in my status that my biometric was received. Do you need to get the validity letter before you get approved for a work permit?

Any pointers much appreciated!

Reactions: PravinDeo

itzrb

Jan 25, 2020
My work permit application was submitted early June (from US) and I completed the biometric early July. I see that people who applied from US who got their biometric completed later in July are getting approvals. Perhaps this is based on the order of submitting application, rather than the completed application (after biometric completion)? I hope they're getting to my application soon. I've been waiting for months and getting restless.

A friend of mine told me that his friend applied for and then got his work permit (temporary) at a port of entry, I think, in Toronto. Does anybody know if you can do that after submitting application online (and then completed biometrics)?

Also, I see that people are getting 'biometric validity' letter - I didn't get this but I see in my status that my biometric was received. Do you need to get the validity letter before you get approved for a work permit?

Any pointers much appreciated!
Yes BVL is received before the WP approval and in Normal cases 2 or 3 days after BVL WP approval follows but due to covid its taking time even after u receive BVL.

Reactions: thursd

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
Any refusals after receiving biometric validation letter (from India)?
Depends if someone has given Medicals too. If given (in India) then BVL follows then the approval and visa. Else it's high chance if someone in (India) without Medicals receives BVL can land in refusal. Also one can note that refusals comes early in the process. As most immigration officer tries to complete eligibility check right after Biometrics is submitted.

So if someone has done with medicals & received BVL & waiting for long to receive final decision is highly likely to receive an Approval.
So don't worry.

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
Also in india since Canada VAC (VFS) are closed they have hold final decision & passport request till they open them. So we have to wait till VACs are open to see final decision coming along.

canada1988

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
Depends if someone has given Medicals too. If given (in India) then BVL follows then the approval and visa. Else it's high chance if someone in (India) without Medicals receives BVL can land in refusal. Also one can note that refusals comes early in the process. As most immigration officer tries to complete eligibility check right after Biometrics is submitted.

So if someone has done with medicals & received BVL & waiting for long to receive final decision is highly likely to receive an Approval.
So don't worry.
Yeah. I received my biometric correspondence letter on July 22nd and no further update. If the final decision is negative then i would have got the refusal letter by now. So hoping that my case is approved and that's the reason decision is still on hold due vac's are closed in india. Any second thoughts?

Reactions: sami26

canada1988

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
Also in india since Canada VAC (VFS) are closed they have hold final decision & passport request till they open them. So we have to wait till VACs are open to see final decision coming along.
Final decision? You meant to say they are holding both approval and refusal cases?

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
Final decision? You meant to say they are holding both approval and refusal cases?
No refusals comes right away post biometric submittion, usually in 2-3 weeks or max a month or so in this Covid-19 pandemic situation. Rejection doesn't require any VAC to open.

Arjun2304

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
Have you Received your decision?
After BVL on July 15 ,I recieved response on a webform which i submitted in June month to know the status of application. IRCC stated that application in progress and due to covid-19 there is delay in process

canada1988

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
After BVL on July 15 ,I recieved response on a webform which i submitted in June month to know the status of application. IRCC stated that application in progress and due to covid-19 there is delay in process
Ok. Looks like we need to wait for vac's to open in India. My timeline is similar to yours. Submitted on mar 15th, Biometric submitted on Mar 17th, received BVL on July 22nd