+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit crisis?!?!?! Help, anyone?

alitze

Jul 5, 2014
Hello,

I created an account a few weeks ago and started uploading my documents for a Work Permit. Tonight, I was about to upload the last document and submit the application, when suddenly it's GONE, and it says I am not eligible for a Work Permit, only for International Experience Canada. This is STRANGE, because I meet ALL the requirements for a work visa, and I am already here on a full time job. I AM only 23 so agewise I am eligible for International Experience Canada but I already used that!!!! So I won't be able to get it.

What the h*ck do I do? Anyone in a similar situation?!

Alitze

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is your job LMIA exempt?

If not, you will need an LMIA for the work permit application.

alitze

Jul 5, 2014
It is a coaching job, under the R205b exemption category.
Problem is, on Friday I was able to login and upload my documents, as of Sunday I can't even APPLY for a work permit. Even if trying something else, like "Swedish, 35 yrs old Female, worker, applying for work permit extension" or whatever. It keeps saying "not eligible" and I don't know WHY! I've been calling all morning to CIC but there's too many people calling so I can't get to speak with an agent...

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does this apply to your situation? & might it be the problem?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/opinion/index.asp

Note: On February 21, 2015, new Regulations came into effect requiring employers of LMIA‑exempt foreign nationals to provide their offer of employment directly to Citizenship and Immigration Canada and pay a new employer compliance fee before the work permit application is submitted. For further information, see Employer-specific work permits with Labour Market Impact Assessment exemptions.

alitze

Jul 5, 2014
No, not really, as the problem is not with the LMIA.
The problem is that I seem to not be eligible for work permit as a 23 yr old Swede, and that's what I need an answer to. (On Friday, I still was).

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alitze said:
No, not really, as the problem is not with the LMIA.
The problem is that I seem to not be eligible for work permit as a 23 yr old Swede, and that's what I need an answer to. (On Friday, I still was).
Ok, I understand that; however, has your employer provided their offer of employment directly to CIC and paid the employer compliance fee (if relevant)?

If I were you, & while waiting for information from CIC directly, I'd clear out my internet cache & cookies, & try again: CIC's online application systems can be quite "buggy"/unstable :(. I'd hate to think it was just a computer glitch somewhere!

I'm sorry I'm not able to help more - I have no direct experience of LMIA exempt applications. I'm wondering about the "may" in the R205b category...

Crozmahel

May 11, 2015
I am currently running into the same problem. It looks like there is currently a problem with CIC's online system, which is only allowing you to apply for open work permits (spouse of a skilled worker, Bridging open work permit, etc.).

Hopefully this problem is corrected very quickly. If your work permit is going to expire soon and you need to submit your application as soon as possible to gain implied status, I would recommend submitting a paper application to CIC Vegreville. If you still have status for a while, then you can wait it out a little while for the problem to be fixed.

garry005

May 12, 2015
Yes, I have the same problem, I had my profile set up with all the documents ready and when I logged in today there was nothing there. Then tried answering the questions again but it only lead to open work permit although I need an employer specific permit. Dont know how to get there now, because it appeared to work just fine until yesterday.

garry005

May 12, 2015
Seams like a technical issue, Does anyone know how to contact cic to resolve technical issues because i dont think the call centre can do anything about it. thanks

Crozmahel

May 11, 2015
I am sure that CIC is aware of the issue. They are likely working on the problem right now, but as we all know, it can take CIC a while to get things done. The only option for submitting your work permit applications at this time, is to mail a paper application to Vegreville.