+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit--Covid-19--GCMS notes

spider13

Jul 23, 2020
Hello dear members,

I applied work permit from india on March 20 2020, medical passed, i got GCMS notes about W/P application, its showing Reccomended interview.
my friend also applied work permit from india, he also got GCMS notes, its showing similar thing Reccomended Interview.
my question is:
did anyone apply GCMS notes after work permit or visitor visa or study visa during Covid-19 Pandemic and thier GCMS notes showing same thing as interview or review required. My sense is that IRCC is holding all temporary applications in the system due to Covid by this thing as Reccomended Interview or Review required.
please update if anyone has inputs or update on this.
Thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello dear members,

I applied work permit from india on March 20 2020, medical passed, i got GCMS notes about W/P application, its showing Reccomended interview.
my friend also applied work permit from india, he also got GCMS notes, its showing similar thing Reccomended Interview.
my question is:
did anyone apply GCMS notes after work permit or visitor visa or study visa during Covid-19 Pandemic and thier GCMS notes showing same thing as interview or review required. My sense is that IRCC is holding all temporary applications in the system due to Covid by this thing as Reccomended Interview or Review required.
please update if anyone has inputs or update on this.
Thanks in advance.
We are seeing work permit application approvals here. So they aren't all being held in the system. Things are slower but they are still being processed.

spider13

Jul 23, 2020
We are seeing work permit application approvals here. So they aren't all being held in the system. Things are slower but they are still being processed.
Thanks for reply,
I agree they are processing the application, in my application medical passed in April, i am just wondering the held the applications by updating by this thing as reccomnded interview, my friend has this status, they started processing slowly, i am worried if its showing reccomended intreview its a cause of concern.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for reply,
I agree they are processing the application, in my application medical passed in April, i am just wondering the held the applications by updating by this thing as reccomnded interview, my friend has this status, they started processing slowly, i am worried if its showing reccomended intreview its a cause of concern.
Interviews are common. There have been delays due to covid but there are likely concerns about something in your profile. How did you find this job? Are you the spouse of someone working or studying in Canada?

spider13

Jul 23, 2020
Interviews are common. There have been delays due to covid but there are likely concerns about something in your profile. How did you find this job? Are you the spouse of someone working or studying in Canada?
Thanks for reply,
i agree as delays common, when IRCC officer hold the applications they write some thing or reason in GCMS notes, covid-19 or whatever the reason is, i am curious how the 2 appplicants notes showing similar thing, my main query is about GCMS, of any other member got GCMS notes. Now a days they are provinding GCMS notes within -10 to 15 days.
Anyone has update please reply.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for reply,
i agree as delays common, when IRCC officer hold the applications they write some thing or reason in GCMS notes, covid-19 or whatever the reason is, i am curious how the 2 appplicants notes showing similar thing, my main query is about GCMS, of any other member got GCMS notes. Now a days they are provinding GCMS notes within -10 to 15 days.
Anyone has update please reply.
Most people have similar GCMS notes except and specifuc comnents about their reason for approval or refusal.

spider13

Jul 23, 2020
Most people have similar GCMS notes except and specifuc comnents about their reason for approval or refusal.
Thanks for reply,
that is why i am wondering if some has GCMS notes ans its showing the similar thing as interview reco. or review required, i would acccept the refusal or approval whatever the decision will be, however my sense is that i did not see anything in GCMS notes about holding or pause due to COVID, they write as review required or reccomneded interview, because for interview there is usually no specific sechedule date, its uncertain, they are using this term as interview or review required to hold all appliations till the normal processing resume.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for reply,
that is why i am wondering if some has GCMS notes ans its showing the similar thing as interview reco. or review required, i would acccept the refusal or approval whatever the decision will be, however my sense is that i did not see anything in GCMS notes about holding or pause due to COVID, they write as review required or reccomneded interview, because for interview there is usually no specific sechedule date, its uncertain, they are using this term as interview or review required to hold all appliations till the normal processing resume.
Comments about covid processinv difficulties are not part of the GCMS form. It is a stamdard form. An interview is not an uncommon request but unfortunately adds another step for you in an already delayed process due to covid.

spider13

Jul 23, 2020
Comments about covid processinv difficulties are not part of the GCMS form. It is a stamdard form. An interview is not an uncommon request but unfortunately adds another step for you in an already delayed process due to covid.
thanks again,

Thats why i am curious if some other member has GCMS notes of current W/P application we will get the idea. Last year one of my friends got GCMS notes her application took 5 momths to get work permit approval, she requested gcms notes 2 times and each time notes were different, one of her Notes were showing interview reccomended, and there was no interview, Notes were changing, from review required, elegibility passed, eligibility failed, interview reccomended, then finally elegibility passed and approved. I think there are different notes of around 10 to 30 notes and it start from the bottom and changing. To hold the files they write these things. I may be wrong, but i think this is the possibility all applicants have same things as review required or other things to hold the applications till normal situation.
Thanks