+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit approved, while waiting for physical mail

gn02090867

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Hi, my work permit is approved, while waiting for physical mail (permit document), can I travel outside of Canada and return with no problem? How long does it take to receive work permit physical letter after it is approved? I live in Waterloo, Ontario.

numair782

Sep 26, 2013
Hi,
in my opinion, as long as you have a valid visa to re enter, you can come back, but to be on the safe side you can get your work visa, as you would be getting your permit in your mail box pretty soon. so i think it is better to leave when you have your work visa.

i have a question too:
I applied for post graduation work permit on 2nd october 2015, paid $255 online. after applying online through gckey account under the tab "check status massages" i could see two massages in my account one is "submission confirmation" and the other is " confirmation of online application transmission"

today i clicked on the second one, and it showed my payment receipt number,
now when i click on this number, it automatically downloads a pdf file, when i opened this pdf page, i came to know that this is a receipt of payment i guess. because it says the receipt number on the top and then there is a bar code and bunch of other details.

the part which i can not understand; is that this receipt has my name, while the rest of the details are blank, for instance my address, Client ID number, date of birth , postal code and phone number etc.
following massage is written on the bottom of receipt.

"please print two copies of this receipt, send one to citizenship and immigration canada and keep one for your records. please also note that the payer's name on this receipt does not have to be the same as the one on the application form"

should i print this receipt and send it to cic my post ? i am confused. please help
thanks and regards,
Muhammad

krishnalynn

May 15, 2015
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
23-12-2015
File Transfer...
08-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 15-04-2016
It took me about a week after online approval to receive my work permit to my address in Canada.