+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applied and Approved - Only Visa Available but No Work Permit

vesriram

Jul 14, 2016
I applied for a Canadian work through my employer and got it approved. I sent over my passport to the embassy and got the canadian visa stamped on my passport now. However I did not receive any documentation for the work permit itself. Am I missing something? Or is the Visa on my passport also the work permit? Any information would be of great help.

Preetjas

Star Member
Mar 25, 2015
vesriram said:
I applied for a Canadian work through my employer and got it approved. I sent over my passport to the embassy and got the canadian visa stamped on my passport now. However I did not receive any documentation for the work permit itself. Am I missing something? Or is the Visa on my passport also the work permit? Any information would be of great help.
you will get your work permit at airport

vesriram

Jul 14, 2016
Thank you so much. Another question - I got a W-1 category visa. Am I allowed to switch employers or is it an employer specific visa that restricts job change? Thank you once again for the info.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

vesriram said:
Thank you so much. Another question - I got a W-1 category visa. Am I allowed to switch employers or is it an employer specific visa that restricts job change? Thank you once again for the info.
1. It will be employer specific. For a new job, you would require a LMIA and a new work permit.