+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

BVL702

Mar 18, 2013
Hi! Mine is different. It's technically a new WP application because my last one expired on me. Everything is the same. Employer and all.

Buleg

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
Nomination.....
30-05-2013 LOA dated 10-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-10-2013 thru email
IELTS Request
Already submitted
File Transfer...
11-09-13
Med's Request
21-11-13
Med's Done....
27-11-13 results submitted//add'l med req 01-13-2014 submitted 1-30-14
Interview........
Ecas "in process 2-18-2014"
Passport Req..
08-04-2014 (Apr. 27, '14 ecas changed to decision made)
LANDED..........
22-03-2014 entered as TFW under YNP/May,22,'14 Landed as Immigrant
vanillasky said:
i applied for food counter attendant. i called cic earlier today and the suggestion was to extend the trv. And you were right. next week ill be making my online extension if the passport still not delivered.
Hi,

Did you extend your TRV already? Did you tell about your situation when you called CIC (even you don't have your passport yet)? I suggest to apply online but make sure you have all the copies of the documents you need to submit while waiting for your TWP approval :)

vanillasky

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Buleg said:
Hi,

Did you extend your TRV already? Did you tell about your situation when you called CIC (even you don't have your passport yet)? I suggest to apply online but make sure you have all the copies of the documents you need to submit while waiting for your TWP approval :)
My agent told me to do still wait till friday if it doesnt come then we will apply online

SA33

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
dr.mcq said:
anyone got any new information on their applications?
Hey Doc,
Have you sent them a mail requesting a status?
I received the mail today indicating that the processing has begun now....

vanillasky

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
SA33 said:
Hey Doc,
Have you sent them a mail requesting a status?
I received the mail today indicating that the processing has begun now....
I also received that same mail early this morning.

dr.mcq

Apr 2, 2013
vanillasky & SA33,

when did you apply for your work permit. I sent them 2 emails 2 weeks apart & until now I haven't heard anything. My application was received Feb 4th. Hope you all have a speedy successful processing.

vanillasky

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
dr.mcq said:
vanillasky & SA33,

when did you apply for your work permit. I sent them 2 emails 2 weeks apart & until now I haven't heard anything. My application was received Feb 4th. Hope you all have a speedy successful processing.
Sent my application last feb 11 received on 13th

By the way how can i apply for an extension of trv if i dont have my passport? Dont have a copy either bec i didnt realize it would take that long. ?? Can i Just not apply and make it a reasoning when i reach the border to get my work permit? And tell them to charge me of restoration fee.? Bec when my work permit arrives there will be a visa inside the passport included so if i apply for another trv my trv will be doubled....

samcr77

Apr 10, 2013
Hi, my company has applied for my temp work permit and the application was filed on Feb 6, 2013. I have not received any update from my attorney or the consulate. don't know exactly how much time it is going to take. any help or guidance will be much appreciated.

dchinmay

Feb 14, 2013
sanwait said:
I visited New York Consulate in Person today and here is my experience.

Be there at about 8.00 AM . You have to stand outside till 8.30 AM. They will let u in the building after 8.30 AM.

In the building you will be asked the reason for you to be there. Mine case i told them i am waiting for past 2 months and would like to see urgent processing can be done as my Visa in USA expires in 1 week. So they gave me urgent processing form and token. My number came and the lady asked me if i will withdraw my application if they think they cannot process the application today. I said yes.It sucks they don't consider urgent processing for Work permit even u waited for 2 months and cant wait much.

After 40 minutes she called me back with the reason this cannot be processed on urgent basis and gave me my passports. Mine was work permit but i have seen if u just need TRV u can get on the same day.

So guys i am leaving...Good luck to you all.

Hi, what were the documents you carried when you went to the consulate? Thanks.

Apr 8, 2013
i had filed personally in NYC on 25th Jan. I am still waiting.

Couple of my friends got their back who filed in same timeframe... one filed on 18th Jan and got his passport back on 4/4. Another filed on 21st Jan got passport back 4/11 (today).

I was planning to go to consulate tomorrow but i am confused what to do if they ask me to withdraw it. I have valid US petition till 4/24.
I checked with company's VISA team and their suggestion was to wait 3-4 days.

Can someone guide me if i should go or not?

BVL702

Mar 18, 2013
Hi Brar.

We are exactly in the same situation. I too applied in person last Jan. 25. All I had to take home was the entry stub. It's going to be 11 weeks for us tomorrow. It's so frustrating to wait this long and to make matters worse is no one from the consulate replies to email inquiry.

Did your friends receive any email that their application was finalized? or they just all of a sudden one day got their passports back?

Apr 8, 2013
BVL702 said:
Hi Brar.

We are exactly in the same situation. I too applied in person last Jan. 25. All I had to take home was the entry stub. It's going to be 11 weeks for us tomorrow. It's so frustrating to wait this long and to make matters worse is no one from the consulate replies to email inquiry.

Did your friends receive any email that their application was finalized? or they just all of a sudden one day got their passports back?
Both of them got the email 2 days before the passport.