+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

sanwait

Apr 2, 2013
nsawse said:
Hi all,
I have recieved a reply for my email from Canadian cosulate. Along with I found a number starting with 'W' in the subject line. "Work Permit application Status W602449545". Does any one know if we can trace the status of the application with this number.

Thanks
nsawse

--------------------------------Email Snapshot from Canadian Consulate-------
Processing has begun on this application and is now in queue for assessment.

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days.

If you require your passport back sooner, and wish to withdraw your application, please send a message to this e-mail address. Please be sure to put the following in the subject line: "Request to withdraw application". In your email, please be sure to include your full name, your date of birth, your sex, your passport number .

Immigration Section
Consulate General of Canada
New York, NY, USA

I got similar email.I don't think so we can track it. not able to decide what to do next. My I94 expiring in 15 days..

vahid.gh

Feb 21, 2013
nsawse said:
Here is the email id : NewYork-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca
I've just sent an email to above address but immediately received the failure notification. what do you think is wrong?

SA33

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
vahid.gh said:
I've just sent an email to above address but immediately received the failure notification. what do you think is wrong?
Their mailbox is full.

drnas77

Dec 21, 2012
Can you not get a medical exam done in the mean time? Do you need a certain form or number from the Canadian Embassy before you can do the medical exam? You can find the designated physician for your area on their website.

drnas77

Dec 21, 2012
So, we have to wait for a form or packet for medical exam? Can we not get it done from their designated MP in the mean time?

Buleg

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
Nomination.....
30-05-2013 LOA dated 10-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-10-2013 thru email
IELTS Request
Already submitted
File Transfer...
11-09-13
Med's Request
21-11-13
Med's Done....
27-11-13 results submitted//add'l med req 01-13-2014 submitted 1-30-14
Interview........
Ecas "in process 2-18-2014"
Passport Req..
08-04-2014 (Apr. 27, '14 ecas changed to decision made)
LANDED..........
22-03-2014 entered as TFW under YNP/May,22,'14 Landed as Immigrant
vanillasky said:
Do i really need to extend my trv because from what ive read on the cic website if you are applying for a work permit you dont need to apply separately for your trv as it will be given or issued to you on your passport when they release it. If you require visa. So i kinda confused in here. I am filipino and i require trv to enter canada in case i need to flagpole to get my work permit. isnt it the visa sticker they put on the passport on my work permit application? a trv ? that i can use to present to the cbsa to be able to enter again and get work permit and also the letter. ? i submitted my application along with my passport by mail. please help thanks
Hi,

You should have extend your TRV before you apply your TWP coz the processing time of TWP in NYC consulate is 2 months or more (even it says on the internet 30days processing time). This time your TRV is expired and you don't have status now in Canada. Hopefully you got already an approval or result of your TWP application before your current TRV expire coz for sure you'll get refusal since you don't have legal status in Canada if you're application will be assessed on April 5 onwards. As I mentioned before extend your visa before it expire regardless you'll have TRV when you receive your work permit approval. Your TWP application will be base on your "current status" in Canada if your TRV or visit visa expire today you will be
questioned on the border about your legal status after April 4 even when you receive your TRV with work permit approval. Did you call CIC about your situation?

:)

Buleg

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
Nomination.....
30-05-2013 LOA dated 10-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-10-2013 thru email
IELTS Request
Already submitted
File Transfer...
11-09-13
Med's Request
21-11-13
Med's Done....
27-11-13 results submitted//add'l med req 01-13-2014 submitted 1-30-14
Interview........
Ecas "in process 2-18-2014"
Passport Req..
08-04-2014 (Apr. 27, '14 ecas changed to decision made)
LANDED..........
22-03-2014 entered as TFW under YNP/May,22,'14 Landed as Immigrant
vanillasky said:
have not called yet.. :(
Hi,

If you don't mind what job are you applying for & which province? Still hope for the best. Keep us posted :)

chellesii76

Star Member
Dec 24, 2009
nsawse said:
Hi all,
I have recieved a reply for my email from Canadian cosulate. Along with I found a number starting with 'W' in the subject line. "Work Permit application Status W602449545". Does any one know if we can trace the status of the application with this number.

Thanks
nsawse

--------------------------------Email Snapshot from Canadian Consulate-------
Processing has begun on this application and is now in queue for assessment.

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days.

If you require your passport back sooner, and wish to withdraw your application, please send a message to this e-mail address. Please be sure to put the following in the subject line: "Request to withdraw application". In your email, please be sure to include your full name, your date of birth, your sex, your passport number .

Immigration Section
Consulate General of Canada
New York, NY, USA

chellesii76

Star Member
Dec 24, 2009
sanwait said:
I got similar email.I don't think so we can track it. not able to decide what to do next. My I94 expiring in 15 days..
What is your visa in the US? Would you consider applying tourist visa? You can do it online so long as you have all required docs scanned. You don't need your passport if you turned it in for your WP application.

sanwait

Apr 2, 2013
chellesii76 said:
What is your visa in the US? Would you consider applying tourist visa? You can do it online so long as you have all required docs scanned. You don't need your passport if you turned it in for your WP application.
I am on H1 Visa. Can i apply for tourist Visa? In that case i might stay longer. I used 6 years of my H1 stay in USA.

dchinmay

Feb 14, 2013
sanwait said:
I am on H1 Visa. Can i apply for tourist Visa? In that case i might stay longer. I used 6 years of my H1 stay in USA.
Yes, you can apply for a H1 to B2 Change of status. and based on that, can stay in US. FYI. I have sent an email to withdraw my application. Enough of this waiting game.